Hi 'InTheWoods',

Thanks for your feedback. Have you tried the chains? We have a 100% money back guarantee. If you have any problems or hate a chain, we will refund it.

No not personally, as it was a new product at the time that seemed to good to be true I waited for other folks to try them out & I wasn't very impressed with what I saw but if you say changes have been made then I may try them. At what level of wear does the refund policy go to? Because a day old piranha chain looks like it'd been cutting roots for a month!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought so. Pretty much everyone that has said anything negative about the chains hasn't actually tried them. Are you on TreeBay? I posted a advert last week and it was filled with positive comments. The video at the start of this chain was someone that also loves the chains.

We are so sure of the quality of the Rotatech chains we offer a 30 day money-back guarantee, so you can return within that time if you aren't happy.

They are of a very high quality and therefore will last as long as any other high quality chain.

Edited by Northernarbsupplies

Hi Rob,

Have you tried the chains? The changes were tweeks to improve them. Like any product we are always looking at how to improve it. We listen to customers and do our research.

It sounds to me you are nervous about the chains due to the cost. You are welcome to pay twice the price. We will even give you a free chain for it. :P They prices are low because we are the supplier and the retailer, therefore cutting out the middle man. Nothing else in it.

The chains are now used by thousands of professional tree surgeons. We get lots of positive messages and people coming into the shop. At less than half the price, it isn't a risk to try them.

I personally like the re-brand and we have done all we can to tell people it is the same chains, with a better name. We want to keep the good reputation and customers the Piranha chain has.

We have lots of reviews on facebook and some on our website. If you are on TreeBay, take a look at the comments on the advert I posted last week.

Best,

Nicola

Hi Steve,

Quite a few changes were made to the chains when they were called Piranha. It is hard to know if the ones you tried were before the changes. We have been receiving nothing but good feedback. People say they are the same standard as Stihl and Oregon. So it is worth trying them again. I am sure they will live up to your expectations.

Just to put the record straight, you did not receive "nothing but good feedback"... and this thread proves that fact: http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/news/93276-piranha-chainsaw-chain-press-release.html

The Piranha (aka Rotatech) chains I bought from you were nothing like the same quality as Oregon.

I feel people are being mis-advertised.... as a result my trust in these crud chains was lost long ago and there's no way I'm putting second-rate chains on my saw again. In fact, chances are that I wont order anything from you again.... (thats just the way the cookie crumbles).

It would be interesting to start a 'Rotatech chain review' thread on arbtalk to hear what the real deal is with these re-branded ones.

cheers, steve

Just to put the record straight, you did not receive "nothing but good feedback"... and this thread proves that fact: http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/news/93276-piranha-chainsaw-chain-press-release.html

The Piranha (aka Rotatech) chains I bought from you were nothing like the same quality as Oregon.

I feel people are being mis-advertised.... as a result my trust in these crud chains was lost long ago and there's no way I'm putting second-rate chains on my saw again. In fact, chances are that I wont order anything from you again.... (thats just the way the cookie crumbles).

It would be interesting to start a 'Rotatech chain review' thread on arbtalk to hear what the real deal is with these re-branded ones.

cheers, steve

Hang on there Steve, if they are claiming that they are new & improved then I for one will give them the benefit of the doubt. Imagine how much grief the manufacturers must have had on the mk1's so something HAD to change.

I just received the quarter pitch chain to use on the ms150. Will post my honest thoughts once I have a chance to use it. I think it will be a good test for the brand...the smaller the chain the more suceptible to damage I would imagine,

I don't know about that, up a tree there's no chance of dirt and stones. When I used a piranha chain on a 550xp it was dead inside of 5 minutes and I didn't feel or hear it hit anything substantial, gave the impression the metal was too soft

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

I don't know about that, up a tree there's no chance of dirt and stones. When I used a piranha chain on a 550xp it was dead inside of 5 minutes and I didn't feel or hear it hit anything substantial, gave the impression the metal was too soft

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

I currently have one of my 460 and it seems to be performing fine.