Trouble with interlink deliveries

Brooklandsbob

Personally I find the couriers pretty good, the worst ones were the Irish ones where there is a swap over from the Irish side to the English courier and vice versa. One of mine sat in Birmingham for two weeks and one went to a similar address some 150 miles away!

Apart from that, I find the service damn good and good value. The drivers I meet are always helpful and I help them as much as I can to get them on their way by getting the parcels ready and helping carrying them.

I have had a couple of deliveries that needed a bit of coaxing but generally very good. I think this thread is a bit hard on the courier firms and no one is viewing it from the drivers side having to find addresses, often not in a nice orderly street with house numbers, driving thousands of miles a year with the average car driver being a knob (the holiday car accidents and motorway closures has begun already), working long hours with little help and poor wages etc

The problems are often caused by overloading the drivers and the traffic on our roads!

I worked for Amtrak a good while back the drivers always put a good shift in! They usually started at half 5 sorting their daily deliveries and finished at 8pm, maybe later just to do the same the next day! The only reprieve was a Saturday when they finished at 12

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

I used to have loads of issues with Chitylink when they were around. It wasn't only the drivers, the local depot were totally incompetent, ignorant and...:sneaky2::angry::angry:... It got to the point of when ordering items the first question I would ask the seller was "Who is the courier you use" and if it was my favourite green and yellow company my next question was, will you use a different courier please or I will take my business elsewhere. More often than not they would use a different company. If they didn't I would put my money where my mouth was and find another seller or do without. I know your pain, and waking up on that christmas morning and putting the TV on. The first item was that the little company had ceased trading. Pity you couldn't wrap that pressy. That made my day !!!