Best 3" chipper shredder

Down-the-slope

simple, dont put any crap in it, my wee machine has easy done over 100hrs on the same blades. if i hadnt hit something in the cony yesterday they would be fine still, it is still chipping great and pulling in stuff but i can tell it has lost its edge, i will take a pic of the blades and ut them up:001_smile:

Could you also take a pic of the drum and housing etc please?

:001_smile:

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i got the m400 iv used the little timberwolf,camons,jobeau m300, 400 i think the jo beau is the best small chipper on the market but having said that the little greenmech is a very good machine to as u can see but the vid i nearly bought the greenmech over the m400.

see if jones has a ex demo machine or hire one try before u buy mate thats what i done http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXGQvd0AYUc

Good vid and advice thanks:thumbup1:....if were to rate those machines 1,2,3,4 etc what would it be

PS everyone keeps mentioning 'Jones'...a machine dealer I presume?

Down the Slope, I bought one in November 07 (I have the finance agreement in front of me). I Hire purchased it for 60 months (5 Years) at £70 per month with a total amount payable of £4905.69.

To avoid any confusion please know and understand the APR when you take on these lease deals and remember the Lease companies know very well how to relieve you of an extra 1k over five years.

Also I would love to know how you get 60 hours from a set of knives. Despite me being very careful with what went in the machine I used to change mine every 8-12ish or the wood never pulled in properly.

Yup hire purchase is not good unless you have no cash....given new HMRC rules where you can put whole value through in one year you would be better buying at 4/4.5 k using for 5 years and still selling for 2k if looked after (or keeping till end of life)

10/12 hours out of blades is hopeless. This is the issue I have. Most machines run on demo are fine - razor sharp blades and ticking over nicely with poker straight medium sized timber put through...that is no where near the real world though.

down the slope

all i will say is this mate if i was u i would stick to the jo beau or the greenmech if posable hire diffrent machines or get some demos booked as u will find out what the machines are like

where abouts u live mate

when i first got the machine it done about 90 hours of work before i changed the blades round but like Shreks Wee Brother said if u put crap though them they wont stay shape for long

Yup hire purchase is not good unless you have no cash....given new HMRC rules where you can put whole value through in one year you would be better buying at 4/4.5 k using for 5 years and still selling for 2k if looked after (or keeping till end of life)

10/12 hours out of blades is hopeless. This is the issue I have. Most machines run on demo are fine - razor sharp blades and ticking over nicely with poker straight medium sized timber put through...that is no where near the real world though.

Haha, you havent been with me when I ask for a demo, I visited the Greenmech stand and asked for a demo, and they started pushing the easy stuff in, so I pointed to some nice thicker bent stuff and wanted to them put that in, which they did...and well. I believe Stevie chose the same kind of demo too. PM PeteB for a Greenmech, or Jonesie for Jo-Beau, both of them are active members here and offer a good service to us.

down the slope

all i will say is this mate if i was u i would stick to the jo beau or the greenmech if posable hire diffrent machines or get some demos booked as u will find out what the machines are like

where abouts u live mate

when i first got the machine it done about 90 hours of work before i changed the blades round but like Shreks Wee Brother said if u put crap though them they wont stay shape for long

I stay in East Lothian (20 miles SE of Edinburgh)

Little on hire of this type other than Camon C150 / TW 13/75 in area that I have found. Plenty of bigger road towed stuff but that is not whats needed for a lot of poor access stuff. I have one job where there is equivelent of 3 -4skips of tree / hedging / massive shrubs in a rear 100 ft garden with access only through the house.....yikes. So getting a machine through the property 750-800mm max width and chipping / leaving in borders is way prefferable to dragging that amount through a house!!

Others would walk away from this kind of awkward job..for me that means less competition and in Edinburgh there is a lot of situations where access if more of an issue than the job itself....that for me = ££££

Seems the few on here who use portable stuff are suggesting a mixture of JB / GM / TW....I will probably hire TW as a test on this job (even then I will need to remove wheels / axle I think) as I know I can get hired from company that looks after its hire stuff well.

The weakness of the £ is bad on the cost of imported kit though.......