Best 3" chipper shredder

Down-the-slope

Jo Beau M300 Chipper. Had one for 2 years now. Excellent machine never had a fault, change blades every 6 hours. I lease mine over a 5 year period for £98.00 A MONTH. Thats £3.00 a day! Beat that:001_tt2:

2 years and no faults :001_rolleyes: it must be bullet proof or you are an angelic user:biggrin:

Good deal 6k for 5 years - does that include repairs etc?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jo Beau M300 Chipper. Had one for 2 years now. Excellent machine never had a fault, change blades every 6 hours. I lease mine over a 5 year period for £98.00 A MONTH. Thats £3.00 a day! Beat that:001_tt2:

i got offered an ex demo one of them for a very good price but wondered about it being under powered with a 13hp engine, is 75mm its max?

2 years and no faults :001_rolleyes: it must be bullet proof or you are an angelic user:biggrin:

No you are responsible for repairs. I do look after the machine meticulously even wash the damn thing, it will eat conifer willow pop, and can chip away at hardwoods as well. The max I have done is 4" conifer, but you have to feed it.

Best thing is that a lot of my clients like it and I walk along the garden and chip away into their borders

No you are responsible for repairs. I do look after the machine meticulously even wash the damn thing, it will eat conifer willow pop, and can chip away at hardwoods as well. The max I have done is 4" conifer, but you have to feed it.

Best thing is that a lot of my clients like it and I walk along the garden and chip away into their borders

i am turning the blades this weekend, i have had the chipper about 6 weeks now, i looked at the blades yesterday and they were fine, but i did a cony today that must of had nails or something in it because it lost the edge quickly, still managed anything under 3 inch but on the 4 inch stuff it was just bouncing back, so we didnt force it. It is obvious from the comments on each machines owners that they cant fault their machines, which is great for the industry and individual user. i would never of beleived how good a small machine could be, we did 2 conifers in front garden today and just alternated wheely bins and tipped all the chip behind the customers old shed that was about 3 feet high in brambles, we cut them down and burried the lot of them, the customer was under no illusion that this was going to look awesome this time next year but it was out of sight out of mind and the area was just getting into a state and this way saved her 2ooquid on the whole job, we did about 40 bins in 90mins, loose filled and the chipper was near enough under the tree.

i got offered an ex demo one of them for a very good price but wondered about it being under powered with a 13hp engine, is 75mm its max?

Its definitely not under-powered, I was staggered by its performance in fact. Do not make the mistake of comparing to the old gravity fed Treebusta, this is in a league of its own (well the little greenmech might be allowed in) It hasnt clogged up, bogged down in the time I've had it.

Most of the 3" chippers that are said to be 'commercial' standard have the honda 13hp engine TW 13/75, Camon c150 / JB 300....what I can't work out is the huge diffence in price almost 2k between them