Best 3" chipper shredder

Down-the-slope

arbclimber... i thank you..

TCD... exactly what i said...

shillo... you just need to cut straight when you're in the tree,, i try to cut for the chipper, makes life easier on the ground,,,

oh and the 18hp will take 5" easy..

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i had a demo on the small greenmech back in the winter decided to see what everyone was banging on about, i had a holm oak to re pollard in a cemetary. thought this would be the perfect job for it, we dragged the machine between all the gravestones right under the tree, perfect. i was quite excited when i saw the size of the opening. it was a 50ft drag out to my road tow chipper up a steep bank and through a narrow path. my workers managed to use it for about 6 minutes before they started dragging brash back up the slope. i thought they just hadent got used to it, but i tried it and it was terrible had to cut it up soo much before it would go in and then it didnt have enough weight to fall into the blades. i checked the blades, they were sharp, a few chips, but sharp. tried it again a few days later on some fruit tree prunnings, i thought it was a waste of time. much more satisfying to drag it to a waiting premier than feeding twigs to a glorified flymo. Give me feed rollers any day!!

Its whats referred to as a niche machine. For the cost, weight, and size how many roller fed machines fit the bill?

Thanks for that. Glad someone will give us some info about those.

Think GMTpro may have been a politician in a previous life. I couldn't get a straight answer out of him. Not that I expected him to say the CS was better obviously.

Do you know if the GTS is similar style to the others, by that I mean is it also drum rather than flywheel type?

Hi, sorry for the late reply. I was out early yesterday afternoon

To be honest, we didn't use CS machines before, but it should be much better according to the price. but in fact I'm doubting about it. GTM chipper is manufactured by ourselves. If you want to know more, i would recommend you to hire one from Abbey or elsewhere to test the machine.

Hi, sorry for the late reply. I was out early yesterday afternoon

To be honest, we didn't use CS machines before, but it should be much better according to the price. but in fact I'm doubting about it. GTM chipper is manufactured by ourselves. If you want to know more, i would recommend you to hire one from Abbey or elsewhere to test the machine.

Thanks for your reply. Were we right in thinking that they are of the drum type?

Which engine do they have on them?