Best 3" chipper shredder

Down-the-slope

if u have the money go buy the m300 u wont be disappointed i was very very impressed when i hired it could not belive how good it was. its Total width is 720mm its the best 13hp chipper iv used easy to move about its In-feed height is very good where as if ur using the timberwolf all day the height off the in-feed is very height

give jones a call or send him a private message on here he will sort u out on here Jonesie is his user name

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK - I hired a TW 13/75 to clear about 4 skips volume worth of woody hedging and large shrubs with some small trees thrown in. in a place of shoddy access.

Note to self...open blade housing and check at point of hire..don't take 'YES' as the answer to 'is the blade sharp'

Outcome...a blade that was the equivelent of dentures on well done steak...AAArrrrrrrrGGGGGhhhhhh

Decent size of feed hopper - but too high. In 9hrs running I lost count of number of elbow bashes on infeed rail (I'm 6')

As mentioned by another poster - out feed is better than some but too low. It also adds to overall width making it not possible to get through limited access (cue tarping ground floor corridor of house and carting through shed loads of stuff....after having considered utilising the available petrol for other than running machinary :sneaky2:)

Good points is that Honda engine is robust (why its used in so many industrial machines) and hardly struggled with anything even with blunt blade. Makes me wonder why they did not mount 2 blades as enging would cope with this and would double chipping speed.

Access to rotor housing is easy with one single nut (just as well as we were in it about 20 times due to jamming of brash not getting chipped properly and so not ejecting)

Build quality is solid as is needed for hire kit.

Would I buy one? In a word No. Too much reducing knukles and sizes. Would think it quicker to bring stuff to location where larger maching could be used overall :001_rolleyes:

Might feel different with new blade of course...

try a greenmech or jobeau now, make sure it is sharp and you wont be disapointed

Hire a jobeau or greenmech and make sure the blade is as blunt as the TW if u want to compare like for like :sneaky2::001_tt2:

Why hire a machine to see how it performs if it is not maintained?

As for elbow bashing dont think i have ever done that (6'4") the wife hasnt (5'4") niether has anyone else who has operated it. Put stuff in the top, it comes out the other end chipped (only had blockages when chipping into dumpy bags and the groudy let it get too full and blocked the outlet)

GM's and JB's are better machines, but a maintained TW is a good machine if you are on a budget.

• 4 months later...

Hi I am new to the forum. Congratulations to everyone who inputs the wealth of information.

I am a landscape gardener and carry out garden maintenence as well. I am looking to buy a small chipper. I would really like a jo beau m300 or a greenmech cs100 but can only afford a used machine. Does anyone know anyone with one for sale. My other option is a tw13/75 there seem to be more on the used market theres a couple on ebay at the minute. But the dont seem to be as liked as the jo beau and greenmech i also prefer the drum machines and the discharge height of the chippers compared to the tw13/75. many thanks in advance nic

Look into the Jo-Beau M300, excellent machine, well-built and available through FR Jones. I bought mine about 4 weeks ago and its brilliant:thumbup:

PS I think Stevie my have a wee Greenmech, but I've beaten him to post here:biggrin:

Hot diggidy dog Tommer9 got in there

Had a look on there website and dont think this is listed... what price are we looking at and maybe try and get a group buy if we have a few people interested...