Hypro processors/ harvesters

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hypro has a small computer which you calibrate to length you wish to cut. However, a few things we have discovered is you have to stop it manually at the desired length as it appears on the display. Also if the the wheels are gripping the tree as it goes through and for any reason the tree sticks, the bottom wheel inset in the bed of the machine can keep on turning and this is the measuring wheel so it can clock up distance even though the tree itself is not moving. Teething problems I think they're called!!

That happens with grapple processors as well as the bed ones.

Bed processors have been around for ages. You if you look around can pick up an old Nokka processor for sensible money. Roller head ones are good but its the stroke processor that's a little better on the knobbly hardwood.

The guys who did some of the PAWS in Broxborne woods did it with a stroke processor on a 5 tonne digger.

I'm a fan of the little harvester head on the crane over the bed processor with tracks rather than roller feed. Although bed processing is something i've never used. Unless you fell it i can see it being a real PITA to clean up after someone else, hence my favour of the valmet head set up.

Oh check out the price of a bed processor at APF in September they aint cheap.

I'm only around the corner from Broxbourne woods, I remember walking around there and seeing the cord stacked up but just assumed they used a normal harvester and bloody hell wasn't expecting them to be around 50k, u can get a second hand harvester for that and you'd be sitting in a cosy warm cab!!

They also look quite a simple construction so I'd of thought they should be around 20k

The price is not £50k for the Hypro 450. Last time I checked it was around £35 and that was with the crane and winch fitted. The bigger 755 machine was about £50k but it works from inside the cab and can work from both sides. Much faster than a stroke processor. 4 or 5 times the speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In for a penny, in for a pound !!

I bet it will be cheap as well.

I wonder what FISA will think of that.

Absolutely dreadful. Microscopic production, loads of faffing about, no marguard in sight...

I make no apology for saying that concept is utterly ridiculous. You can hand cut and convert 50 times faster than that. There's a reason proper purpose built stuff exists. These bling grant funded pencil sharpeners seem to me nothing more than exercises in enamouring inexperienced loggers Timber crop = needs to be productive = productive machinery, not toys for boys.

Edited by TimberCutterDartmoor

You don't quite grasp the concept of Low Impact Forestry. I don't care how experienced you are are you will Never keep up with the output of a one of these processors. I agree, there is a reason that the big purpose built stuff exists but to do proper first and second thinning in SSSI and estates ain't that reason. Everything has its place and purpose.

You don't quite grasp the concept of Low Impact Forestry. I don't care how experienced you are are you will Never keep up with the output of a one of these processors. I agree, there is a reason that the big purpose built stuff exists but to do proper first and second thinning in SSSI and estates ain't that reason. Everything has its place and purpose.

My whole business / usp is low impact forestry. Small harvester on flotation tracks, 820 size forwarder. I don't do hardwoods but I can down racks that had the matrix planted tight at 1.5m spacing. The self haulage argument is not really an argument imo. I can fell and stack a 0.7m3 stick in 30 seconds. That micro thing was taking minutes to get to grips with a <0.1 ish stick. How the hell does that pay?