EPM

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They're both TCG22EAS (SLP)

If I am honest the TCG22 EAS is the entry level machine from Tanaka, and although it does punch well above its weight it is only intended for the domestic market. It carries a 2 yr domestic warranty, but only 90 days for commercial users unlike some other Tanaka models which carry 5yr domestic and 2 year Pro User warranties.

You can fit a TPH200 hedge trimmer attachment to it, but don't expect it to last like the more expensive offerings from Tanaka do.

The Tanaka brand is seldom given consideration on Arbtalk threads, but in reality is extremely competent and reliable kit. I have sold Tanaka for nearly 30 years during which time I have sold thousands yet only submitted a few dozen warranty claims. It really is incredibly good and I would not sell any other brand in preference.

But, as with all brands, there are many models and its important to match the machine to the task rather than just buy on price.

If I am honest the TCG22 EAS is the entry level machine from Tanaka, and although it does punch well above its weight it is only intended for the domestic market. It carries a 2 yr domestic warranty, but only 90 days for commercial users unlike some other Tanaka models which carry 5yr domestic and 2 year Pro User warranties.

You can fit a TPH200 hedge trimmer attachment to it, but don't expect it to last like the more expensive offerings from Tanaka do.

The Tanaka brand is seldom given consideration on Arbtalk threads, but in reality is extremely competent and reliable kit. I have sold Tanaka for nearly 30 years during which time I have sold thousands yet only submitted a few dozen warranty claims. It really is incredibly good and I would not sell any other brand in preference.

But, as with all brands, there are many models and its important to match the machine to the task rather than just buy on price.

I got both of these machines on ebay, and they turned out to be exactly the same model. One of them was a year old and I got it for £45. The original owner left the receipt in the tool bag and it was £230 when new. I thought that was an absolute steal. The owner also gave me and Oregon face shield and ear defenders and two petrol containers, free of charge as well.

I find it amazing that companies like Hitachi put another brand name on their products. Everybody knows Hitachi electronics and you can see their construction machinery on a lot of building sites. The untrained eye thinks that Tanaka is just another cheap Chinese brand name that will break in 5 minutes, but it isn't. Perhaps that is why Tanaka products are a bargain second hand

I find it amazing that companies like Hitachi put another brand name on their products. Everybody knows Hitachi electronics and you can see their construction machinery on a lot of building sites. The untrained eye thinks that Tanaka is just another cheap Chinese brand name that will break in 5 minutes, but it isn't. Perhaps that is why Tanaka products are a bargain second hand

To be honest, Hitachi bought Tanaka a few years ago because they wanted to sell quality 2 stroke equipment and did not make any themselves. The Tanaka name is well respected, but in some markets has been replaced by the Hitachi name.

In the UK we fought hard to preserve the Tanaka brand as sales would certainly have suffered had name changed, and were successful in keeping the Tanaka name alive. Another range was launched in the UK consisting of similar products, under the Hitachi brand, but never really took off, its still the Tanaka name that sells most.

On the whole, the current line up is still pretty much Tanaka based with just a few Hitachi influenced machines dotted around.

I only use long reach hedge trimmers when I can't reach with my husqvarna 325HD trimmers, I find the long reach too heavy and unbalanced to do a proper tidy job, Stihl HS81 with a 30" cutter are a good hedge trimmer as well but I prefer the husqvarna, I've had Tanaka before and they were very reliable but can't cut the thickness of the stihl or husky pro models