Advice on trimmer/brushcutter

Townie

Hi Everyone, I am new to the forum and would like the benefit of your experience and knowledge

I have a new contract requiring a grass trimmer brushcutter occasionally. I was looking at Stihl (I have their chainsaws and have had no problems) and wondered what advantage a loop handle has over a bicycle handle, if any?

Which model have members used and is 2 MIX better than a 4 MIX engine?

Thanks for any help or alternative suggestions

Hi Everyone, I am new to the forum and would like the benefit of your experience and knowledge

I have a new contract requiring a grass trimmer brushcutter occasionally. I was looking at Stihl (I have their chainsaws and have had no problems) and wondered what advantage a loop handle has over a bicycle handle, if any?

Which model have members used and is 2 MIX better than a 4 MIX engine?

Thanks for any help or alternative suggestions

Hi and welcome Townie

Loop handle are easier to control if you are cutting above ground level such as sides of hedge or when using attachments such as hedge trimmer or chainsaw heads. For strimming level open areas bike handle are far better.. I've not used the modern stills but I've read some adverse comments about the 4 mix.

I wasn't too impressed about the spec or price of the Stihl km series when I looked. My point is don't limit yourself to Stihl, many others out there.

I'd get a bike handle machine if just for strimming as its much easier to control in my opinion. If doing banking etc you can tilt the handles backward to keep the head level with the terrain yet still stand quite upright if that makes sense.

I would stick with 2 strike of any of the decent brands as they are all pretty similar.

I'm picking a stiga brushcutter up next week just over £400 with a Kawasaki engine on it and the anti vibe like the Stihl for a lot less money!