Shiny new harness arrived today

dryadlad

Im the proud owner of a Skylotec EKN Kolibri ,from hb delivered in super quick time once again. Im now faced with lots of choices for attaching saws and stuff ,anyone got any pics of theirs and what works well with this harnesss.P.s are the tool loops rated for hanging saws on .:biggrin:

Remember 2 hands on the bat rope !

I use the tool loops all the time, had a 88 hanging off there the other day.Not much higher than 12ft up, but it did'nt show any strain on it, just me!

Got a wee caritool clip on the right, and a Zubat on the left, only things that are on almost permanantly.

Have pulled the centre attachment belt in quite tight as using hitchclimber and find that works better for me.

Did find that a tip posted on here somewhere(can't remember who or where, sorry)about putting the straps(one's nearest yer bum crack) over the top of your leg instead of under, does help stop the travel these are prone to sometimes.

If i think on i'll take a pic tommorow.

I hang my saw on the straps and clip it on a carritol in between use if you get what i mean...............yorkshire pud what do you mean by putting the straps over your leg???

Before you step into the harness, loosen the straps that sit nearest your family jewels right off, then make sure as you put it on they pass over the front of your leg so that when you've pulled it up the straps sit on top of your thigh, it stops the leg loops riding to the side so much.

Was a tip i picked up on here, can't remember who said it or where it was posted, but has been quite handy on some climbs.

Is that clear mate?i know what i mean:biggrin:

Before you step into the harness, loosen the straps that sit nearest your family jewels right off, then make sure as you put it on they pass over the front of your leg so that when you've pulled it up the straps sit on top of your thigh, it stops the leg loops riding to the side so much.

Was a tip i picked up on here, can't remember who said it or where it was posted, but has been quite handy on some climbs.

Is that clear mate?i know what i mean:biggrin:

Thanks for the tip, spent two hours sat in harness the other day with leg supports all over the place needless to say i needed a nut transplant soon after (misses thought it was funny that i was walking like John Wayne though)

Thanks for the tip, spent two hours sat in harness the other day with leg supports all over the place needless to say i needed a nut transplant soon after (misses thought it was funny that i was walking like John Wayne though)

Ah, the good old nut nip:scared1:

Always an upleasant suprise:001_rolleyes:

If i only save one pair of clackers from sharing this info it'll of been worth it:lol:

A new NZ designed harness is to be available soon made by Aspiring Enterprises. See the Treetools website for more info. Not sure if it could be used outside of Aus/NZ due to no CE mark but thought id post about it anyway. Will be about half the price of the european harness'.