Softwood.

AdamnRalph

My softwood supplier is charging like a wounded rhino! Its gone up £10 in a month! He says its because of a biomass power station in Lockerbie. Is he pulling my leg or not? If anyone Knows were i can get it at half decent price please let me know. Im based in Lancashire.

Pulling your leg ? Ripping it off i'd say ! If anything the price of softwood has come down as the demand isn't is high due to the economic downturn. The like of Kronospan have dropped production and are paying far less for softwood at roadside than they were last year. They've even gone back on signed deals.

There are a couple of suppliers in your area or as Ed says get in touch with us next month :thumbup1:

Edit - ignore me - just seen the price your paying which isn't bad tbh.

Edited by Buzz

£40 squid a ton oh i wish £50 to £60 over here if you can get it big k seems to of tied up most of it for bbq coals and bags if any one can supply at £40

to £45 in the yard im listning.

Big bolt, where abouts in Norfolk are you, theres a chance I may be able to help if we are felling in your area

Its a Sonim. They make the phones for Landrover and JCB and it is quite a bit cheaper without such logos on it. See Tough Builders Mobile Phones - Waterproof and Dustproof phones from JCB, Samsung and Sonim

It is rock solid, proper waterproof so it doesn't mind a trip in the washer and has a very loud ringtone which you can hear over a circ saw, tractor etc.

The software is not a patch on a nokia, no camera (which might be a selling point after all the stuff in the news yesterday) and it is built like a brick - everyone might laugh but it is that heavy thet you know instantly when it is not in your pocket so it never gets left behind but you might need an early hip replacement. :001_smile:

Edited by Marko