Fed up with Stihl and looking at Efco

Radleyjim

me too.

441 been back at dealer 5/6 times now, back to stihl twice.

saw was dying mid cut on 12'' stuff every time, all stihl said was that performance would be improved with genuine bar and chain! i was fuming!

had a new coil and carb in the end, better now but still stalls regularly idle. been back three times for that issue dealer just says the carb needs cleaning, funny because none of my other 20 engines which are used just as frequently need their carbs cleaned 3 times in 2 months!

don't get me started on my kombi 130, needs valves adjusting every week, been back countless times to dealer.

everything i bought in 2012 was rubbish 441 km130 and 550p

The 150 was the first brand new saw I have brought....every other saw I have are pre 2012..and have never had any issues with any of them..

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There is one or two open I've heard :thumbup::thumbup:

Which? Wanted to use Abbey Garden Machinery in your neck of the woods but wouldn't get until mid next week and need it ready for Monday morning. Will use them for a saw just not this one.

For what it's worth, I had an efco saw a few years ago, can't remember the model was probably comparable to a Stihl MS211

Heavier than the equivalent Stihl/Husky, but did a lot of work above and beyond what it was really designed for, tough little saw

That's what I've heard, they will keep on going and are dependable also easy to get parts nearby.

Am having sme trouble at the moment with a 150 which have only had a few months...cut out and wouldn't start...so straight back to dealer...gave me some crap that petrol mix was wrong when I picked it up...after 20 years using chainsaws that was a first.

To cap it all stihl warranty don't cover wrong fuel mix so to get my saw back I had to pay £45....not happy...anyway had it back used it for 2 days and same problem...had subby working for me for 2days..I supply oil and petrol and funny enough his 150 purred like a kitten and didn't miss a beat.

Took it straight back...told them want it sorted and my£45 back...will never change from using stihl....think just got a bad one which hopefully can be sorted.

That's bad, well I'm not impressed that I took a saw to a Stihl dealer 2 weeks before Xmas he ordered part same day and its still not been despatched. Not great when it's relied on to make me money. Just lucky I have last 2 weeks of December off.

Am having sme trouble at the moment with a 150 which have only had a few months...cut out and wouldn't start...so straight back to dealer...gave me some crap that petrol mix was wrong when I picked it up...after 20 years using chainsaws that was a first.

To cap it all stihl warranty don't cover wrong fuel mix so to get my saw back I had to pay £45....not happy...anyway had it back used it for 2 days and same problem...had subby working for me for 2days..I supply oil and petrol and funny enough his 150 purred like a kitten and didn't miss a beat.

Took it straight back...told them want it sorted and my£45 back...will never change from using stihl....think just got a bad one which hopefully can be sorted.

Hi Wayne tell the dealer nicely where to put that saw where the sun don't shine I know it might not be the dealers for just get exchanged thanks John

Which? Wanted to use Abbey Garden Machinery in your neck of the woods but wouldn't get until mid next week and need it ready for Monday morning. Will use them for a saw just not this one.

That's what I've heard, they will keep on going and are dependable also easy to get parts nearby.

That's bad, well I'm not impressed that I took a saw to a Stihl dealer 2 weeks before Xmas he ordered part same day and its still not been despatched. Not great when it's relied on to make me money. Just lucky I have last 2 weeks of December off.

Hi WAYNE tell them you use Aspin mate and put a spin on it before it gets to the dealers and run a few tank sure if it ever goes thanks John

Hi Wayne tell the dealer nicely where to put that saw where the sun don't shine I know it might not be the dealers for just get exchanged thanks John

Hi Jon....that's were I will shove it and it's still the same when I get it back....I understand that things sometimes don't work as they should...that's life...but you just get the feeling they taking the p---s and treat you like and idiot.

Hi WAYNE tell them you use Aspin mate and put a spin on it before it gets to the dealers and run a few tank sure if it ever goes thanks John

Shouldn't have to tell pork pies Jon...if the product is continually faulty they should just replace it....saves bad Cramer and ill feelings.

Shouldn't have to tell pork pies Jon...if the product is continually faulty they should just replace it....saves bad Cramer and ill feelings.

Hi WAYNE you're right there mate I would've took it in after the second time I've told them to keep that so pick one up off the side and told keep the one that's only 4 weeks old and the one I picked up off side of shop walked out to truck and on my merry way I would ring STIHL uk about them to thanks Jon

Edited by mendiplogs

I have an Efco 147 (same as 152, but less cc) in the workshop at the moment that I've been using on firewood. It's light and torquey; I like it. It's a farmer's saw really. The 152 would be worth the extra money.

I've fixed and used 156s and they're great in an old skool way. Heavier than the current crop (and the 152), but nicely built and good to work on. Very much like Husky 254 and 262 is the 156 and 162.

Spares seem far easier to get than they used to be.

The MT range is supposed to be bobbins, but I don't know.