Hedgetrimmer advice

suzannenicola

stihl all the way, there new hedgetrimmers are excellent. echo are cheap for a reason imo. :001_smile:

Nah, other way round imo. I've been hedgecutting for 20 years and still have the echo machine I bought when I started and use it constantly. NO NEW PARTS in all that time. Find me a Stihl hc gearbox that's lasted that long...

Nah, other way round imo. I've been hedgecutting for 20 years and still have the echo machine I bought when I started and use it constantly. NO NEW PARTS in all that time. Find me a Stihl hc gearbox that's lasted that long...

well i suppose if its one guy on there own using it all the time or if its going out in different teams of guys everyday then it will deffo not be as well looked after.we've had robin hedgetrimmers in the past and they are a very similar quality to echo and they do not take the abuse that the stihl ones do that we now have. just my opinion :001_smile:

Robin make one of the best hedge trimmers on the market, and have done for years. Echo are also very good, I havent used the latest Stihl offerings, but never used to like them. Cant blame machines if people will abuse them, works out cheaper to change the staff rather than the machines IMO. If you are using the machine yourself, cop a feel how each one feels in your hands, as the balance of a machine can make it very tiring if it doesnt suit you. make the movements you are likely to make on a job, and try to imagine using it for more than a few minutes. Also check out the HAVS for the machine, as this is an important consideration too. Hope this is some help:001_smile:

Right so we're in the shop holding a hedgetrimmer and giving it plenty of ninja style movements in slow motion.

Are you trying to get us sectioned Andy?:laugh1::biggrin:

Yes, with you lot out of the way I'd have plenty of work!!:001_tt2: But seriously, if you find it a struggle to make everyday movements without the effort of actually cutting, how are you going to manage any length of time working. I messed my arm up a few years back, and was surprised how awkward it was to even lift a trimmer to shoulder height repeatedly, and this was something I'd never considered.