560xp - no spark

Scott T

So the when the switch is 'On' the circuit is open, i.e. not earthed, switch 'Off' the circuit is closed to earth. Just like the old saws in fact. If the switch on the Husky was faulty it's failing to a closed (to earth) position, disconnecting the wires should allow the saw to start (assuming a faulty switch)

If the saw was starting but not stopping when the kill switch was operated the fault is that the circuit isn't being closed, bridging the wires should stop the saw?

So the when the switch is 'On' the circuit is open, i.e. not earthed, switch 'Off' the circuit is closed to earth. Just like the old saws in fact. If the switch on the Husky was faulty it's failing to a closed (to earth) position, disconnecting the wires should allow the saw to start (assuming a faulty switch)

If the saw was starting but not stopping when the kill switch was operated the fault is that the circuit isn't being closed, bridging the wires should stop the saw?

Unless the 560 is different from all other saws, the circuit has two faults. The saw will not spark which may be the wires chaffed and earthing. The switch or wires have broken meaning the stop circuit can't be made and the saw can't be turned off!

ADW can probably confirm the circuit but I am pretty sure that it will follow all predecessors!

That's what I thought then, switch 'Off' - circuit closed (to earth). Switch 'On' circuit open.

Same as my Pioneer 620, 1st time I started it a few years ago it started ok but didn't stop when switched 'Off' couldn't figure it at the time as when I started looking I found a wire disconnected and wondered how it had managed to start on an open circuit, when I asked I was told how it worked. Wasn't sure if they still worked the same way on modern saws but it seems in this case they do.

• 5 weeks later...