Alaskan mill sub forum

Rob D

Against all better judgement Steve has set me up with my very own Alaskan sponsered chainsaw milling sub forum :thumbup1:

What this means is - I can shamelessly drivel on about chainsaw milling while occasionally advertising the various products I sell. I will be doing special offers now and again exclusively to other Arbtalk members. This will be alongside the ongoing offer of 10% off everything I sell at alaskan mill I home of the portable chainsaw mill

I'll be posting regular videos full of chainsaw milling as well as others to share my limited knowledge on drying timber and making rustic furniture.

I'm also hoping others will feel inclined to post ref their Alaskan milling experiences....

To kick off here is a vid of me milling the walnut root josharb brought to the FR Jones show. Spent 2 hours pressure washing this rascal and had to sharpen the saw 7 times - but beat it in the end!!

Those really not into chainsaw milling look away now! :001_tongue:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mI43LLv1PUo]YouTube - English walnut root - chainsaw milled with Alaskan 36" and Stihl MS880[/ame]

:lol:

am gona av a look
this is it the g777, it says alaskan mill on it

i just went outside to get it and take a picture, as i turned to look at the photo, i knocked the mill, went to catch it and it took a nice slice of skin of my finger, it may have to be amputated :lol::lol:

LGIM0075.jpg.e287bd70000cfb28ea8079461a96d6e8.jpg

LGIM0071.jpg.09e95cc7c0413afc8b508689b741778b.jpg

looks great rob!

that walnut plank that i kept from the show has already had intrest, my neighbour wants to buy it to make a bathroom washbasin surface, and the bench has gone down a treat!

i did stumble on this forum and post though!

Excellent Josh - remember to glue the ends on the bench. When that is sanded and then oiled it will look even better!

Let us know if there's any timber in the yard as there's another arbtalker near you who has some for me and can bring down... but I need a few tonnes more to make up a full load...

:lol:

this is it the g777, it says alaskan mill on it

i just went outside to get it and take a picture, as i turned to look at the photo, i knocked the mill, went to catch it and it took a nice slice of skin of my finger, it may have to be amputated :lol::lol:

That's the small log mill and unfortunetly it can't be extended...

Unlucky on the finger - shut mine in the truck door the other day and after a week still feels sore!! You feel a right idiot :blushing:

havent forgot rob, well i do when im at the wood yard with the decent wood! will try and take pics next time.

hi phill, am i right in thinking we met at jonsies?

sounds daft, but howd you earn the £800 from the planks? and in what time frame? and planks of what? who have you found you can sell them to? or are you being paid to convert logs to planks?

sorry for the questions, but i wouldnt mind earning that too now that ive got an alaskan!

josh