Question about echo cs 620 sx

john andrews

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to get a chance to try one. Tbh I thing 20" is asking a bit much of any 60cc saw. I run a ported 357 on 15" 8pin, so I obviously favour speed.

I think 18" max BUT from what people are saying ( not tried one my self ) it sounds like its got mid range torque rather than top end rush so might be ok . :001_smile:

I think 18" max BUT from what people are saying ( not tried one my self ) it sounds like its got mid range torque rather than top end rush so might be ok . :001_smile:

Sure. Plenty of people are happy with 18" on their 560s. I know you run that with an 8pin mate.

Thing is, huskys seem to be lower on torque and have higher to end revs. IME this can mean faster cutting, but only with an experienced and sympathetic operator. Your 560 must require a light touch to prevent bogging.

I use a 361 on a 20" too. Whilst not a ripper it's more user friendly for sure.

I'd like to get a chance to try one. Tbh I thing 20" is asking a bit much of any 60cc saw. I run a ported 357 on 15" 8pin, so I obviously favour speed.

I have a Echo branded 18 Sugi on it now.

When i purchased it was a 20 fitted or a Oregon 18 so took the 20.

Cost me £50 to order bar.

But is great on a 20 tbh.

Sure. Plenty of people are happy with 18" on their 560s. I know you run that with an 8pin mate.

Thing is, huskys seem to be lower on torque and have higher to end revs. IME this can mean faster cutting, but only with an experienced and sympathetic operator. Your 560 must require a light touch to prevent bogging.

I use a 361 on a 20" too. Whilst not a ripper it's more user friendly for sure.

Yep you are right . You got to " feel it in " then keep the revs up by not leaning on it . A razor sharp chain helps more with a rev happy saw than a torquey saw :001_smile:

Yep you are right . You got to " feel it in " then keep the revs up by not leaning on it . A razor sharp chain helps more with a rev happy saw than a torquey saw :001_smile:

I know bud, I love my saws and I can feel and listen to them. Problem is, whilst i'm a competent operator, it's physically painful to hear some other div bogging a saw down and still holding onto the throttle!

I know bud, I love my saws and I can feel and listen to them. Problem is, whilst i'm a competent operator, it's physically painful to hear some other div bogging a saw down and still holding onto the throttle!

Its up there with the knob jocky reving the tits off it and snapping the friggin chain brake on ....:biggrin: