346xp running a bit fast.?

carlos

You busy Steve? :biggrin:

To the OP: if you're local dealer is competent and has a good rep, they should be able to identify and fix the issue. Prices will vary. My local dealer however, is useless. I called to order a new chain for my 441 and they replied they'd have to order it in, as it was a "special item"...

Don't assume that just because there's a Stihl or Husky sight above the shop that they'll be competent. As a result all my saw work now goes Spud's way. The postage usually comes to around £20 return, but the job is done right the first time to the best standard. It's a whole lot more cost effective and efficient, believe me.

If you love the saw, get it done properly.

Couldnt agree more , in fact if one of those signs is above the door in my locality its almost a badge of expensive incompetence .

Its hard to actually fathom , one dealer needed 2 days to notice to make up a 15 inch chain , another wanted 30 Euro off me after putting a 25 inch carlton chain (i kid you not)on when id asked for and driven out of my way to get a brand name one .Of which hes a dealer .

I dont know when the top two major manufacturers are going to start treating their customers with any regard .

Like Carlos im in the republic of Ireland , and there is just one thing to do with that saw , send it to Spud .

Give him a free hand and you will not credit what you get back off him .

Hes recently gone over my everyday saw which is a 357 that he polished and ported over a year ago . The saw pulls like a train still and response is awsome .

I wouldnt consider anything else if id a 346 which i liked .

Couldnt agree more , in fact if one of those signs is above the door in my locality its almost a badge of expensive incompetence .

Its hard to actually fathom , one dealer needed 2 days to notice to make up a 15 inch chain , another wanted 30 Euro off me after putting a 25 inch carlton chain (i kid you not)on when id asked for and driven out of my way to get a brand name one .Of which hes a dealer .

I dont know when the top two major manufacturers are going to start treating their customers with any regard .

Like Carlos im in the republic of Ireland , and there is just one thing to do with that saw , send it to Spud .

Hes recently gone over my everyday saw which is a 357 that he polished and ported over a year ago . The saw pulls like a train still and response is awsome .

thanks for sharing that lily white, certinly food for thought and i guess to make the courier worth while id have to get it modded and tweaked too:biggrin:

took it to work today and used the compressor to clean it up and noticed that one of the head bolts had come partially out so i guess that cant of been helping, so tightened that and will try it again.

thanks carl

Thanks Patrick, hope the 365 and 357 are running sweetly after their holiday:thumbup: