Which Echo machines do you use?

Mark_Skyland

I was wondering where you bought that from as it's less than cost price.

The prices on the web site are just rrp for now so there will be a discount on those.

Although it won't be near the price you paid. :001_smile: TBH I am hoping there is a value in these machines as atm there is none whatsoever in stihl and husky at todays internet prices.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never yet needed dealer support for an Echo tool still under warranty, & don't have a local echo dealer to use anyway.

Probably should expand on this as it doesn't make my point very well.

I don't have a local Echo dealer so if I had an echo tool that needed repairing even if it was still under warranty I would take it to the workshop at a local (non Echo) dealer & pay for the repair myself as I need my kit in working order. When it is in for repair I need it fixed fast the extra few days spent posting tools back & forth really would not help me, unless of course I decided to support Spuds new venture & send things to him in which case it would be tools I could do without for a while.

The prices on the web site are just rrp for now so there will be a discount on those.

Although it won't be near the price you paid. :001_smile: TBH I am hoping there is a value in these machines as atm there is none whatsoever in stihl and husky at todays internet prices.

What...you mean you're not going to try compete with international dealers on price Mark? :sneaky2:

What...you mean you're not going to try compete with international dealers on price Mark? :sneaky2:

I don't see why UK dealers are put in a position where they can't compete. The government encourages trade with other European countries so for that to work fairly then UK dealers should be supplied products from the manufacturers at the same price as they are made available in other EU member states.

It my not be the manufacturers, it could just as easily be the difference in import duty and VAT between different countries.

I was looking at chainsaw prices in Scandanavia and in Norway a Husky 550xp had an rrp of 7339 NOK which is about £590, the UK rrp is £758.

Edited by R Mac

Definitely the right price not a typo.

Coming from Italy, I have dealt with the company before downside is communication is not great & delivery can take a week or two longer than stated but the prices are very good.

They also sell a lot of Chinese junk so if you don't recognise the brand name on something it's probably generic chinese rubbish that won't last.

http://www.damistore.it/chainsaw-pruning-echo-cs-360-tes-professional-35-8-cc-2-hp.html

Same supplier on ebay.

Motosega da Potatura ECHO CS 360 TES Professionale 35,8 cc - 2 Hp | eBay.......

Have had to revise my opinion here as things have obviously improved since I last dealt with this company. They are now using DHL as couriers & I just got a text from DHL confirming the parcel is on its way & will be arriving on Monday so that is about a week from ordering to delivery which is not too bad considering the distance.

At that price they must be discontinuing them/clearing old stock or something along those lines, or its a typo. Can you buy them in & buy them in & become the sole UK stockist of 562's or does that sort of thing upset your suppliers.

I have often considered buying an Alpina from them as I have 2 Alpina saws which I have had for years an 0-70S & an A40 which have always been very reliable with good performance & little maintenance required but you don't see that brand in the UK anymore so I don't know if the build quality is still as good as it used to be or if they have turned into domestic use only saws like Homelite & McCulloch did.