echo *CS-390ESX experience

geoff

Could be that no one here has used one,I will give it a while to see what comes up here,but I can feel the need to buy and try, sure I will like it.:001_smile:

It ticks a whole lotta boxes mate :thumbup1:

ECHO UK Media Room: The New ECHO CS-390ESX Chainsaw: Power, Productivity and Comfort

Ukulian got one...

http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/chainsawbars/88688-echo-carving-ready-set-ups-now-chainsawbars.html

Edited by TimberCutterDartmoor

Thanks for those links mate, that saw and carving bar setup looks stunning,sounds like it lives up to its looks too!

I think it is a saw I just have to own,I'm going to get this ankle of mine fixed then buy one for sure,now look what you made me do...:thumbup1:

I have just bought one, an hour in the exhaust has just melted straight through the chain brake lever. Waiting for forest and arb to get back to me with a solution.

Apart from that is a really nice saw, comparable to an ms241.

It ticks a whole lotta boxes mate :thumbup1:

Ukulian got one...

http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/chainsawbars/88688-echo-carving-ready-set-ups-now-chainsawbars.html

I have indeed, as well as ES450 and give me the 390 any day!

I use it exclusively with 1/4 chain and 16" and 20" bars, whilst we have 450's with 1/4 and .325 chains. The 390 is lighter, better balanced and easier starting (needs less effort to pull the cord than the 450, they both start easily)

I use it mainly for blocking out carvings and deep boring jobs. One of my best ever buys :)

I have indeed, as well as ES450 and give me the 390 any day!

I use it exclusively with 1/4 chain and 16" and 20" bars, whilst we have 450's with 1/4 and .325 chains. The 390 is lighter, better balanced and easier starting (needs less effort to pull the cord than the 450, they both start easily)

I use it mainly for blocking out carvings and deep boring jobs. One of my best ever buys :)

Has yours had the issue with the brake handle melting like Greg?

I'm wondering if they have changed exhaust outlet or something:001_smile:

Has yours had the issue with the brake handle melting like Greg?

I'm wondering if they have changed exhaust outlet or something:001_smile:

No, no issues whatsoever. I'll check the chainbreak handle when I get to the yard today, but I've certainly never noticed a problem. Mine was one of the first batch in the country. :)