Euroarb.....Have your say!

Steve Bullman

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what were those pull out sections one of the older magazines used to run i heard you talk about in the past?

AAAh yes the old TCIA mags had a great section (pullout) with guides for rigging, climbing techniques etc, in a cartoon style, easy to read and understand, great for the average arbo

yeah but not to much ... dont realy care about the latest risk assement to take a crap on a site.

and i get enough visits from bloody bat man trying to fine me for taking down roosting trees when they are not!, by now i think like most of us i know what im doing other wise i would go back to college

yeah but not to much ... dont realy care about the latest risk assement to take a crap on a site.

and i get enough visits from bloody bat man trying to fine me for taking down roosting trees when they are not!, by now i think like most of us i know what im doing other wise i would go back to college

I hear what you are saying Matty, but dont forget we have new people coming into the job every year, and they need to learn it all too.

I hear what you are saying Matty, but dont forget we have new people coming into the job every year, and they need to learn it all too.

yes your right andy! i just dont get why some mags will do a 3 page article about chainsaw bars? fair enough but any one using a saw should of been given the training and booklets to deal with.........sheesh and they could of posted another 3 page article on unimogs!its all good really ,i actually do look forward to reading them.....nearly as much as reading the unread posts on here!

I'm not familuar with the mag, but one thing i always look forward to reading is when they highlight a company or a paticular job. Everyone likes to get noticed, and it fun to see the equipment others are using as well as different tech.

I remember reading about a particularly hard removal, exactly how they did it, and how much it payed... Enjoyed ever bit of that article.

Hey everyone. Following a recent discussion with Steve Reynolds of Euroarb we as a whole have been asked for our opinions to aid with the re-structuring of the magazine.

What would you like to see in a magazine? How could it benefit the industry more? All suggestions will be appreciated and taken on board. Theres been a fair amount of whinging in the past regarding trade magazines, nows your chance to make a change.

and i would just like to emphasize, this thread is for constructive purposes.....if you would like to rant about the current magazines, please search out one of the existing threads...any such posts in this one will be promptly deleted.

thanks

How about some press regarding Utility Arb, I know we are still classed as the dark side to certain people but bearing in mind it is probably one of the largest employers in the Arb industry at present.

Unfortunatly there are some poor practice still taking place in this side of the industry due to most companies employing joe bloggs straight from the street my own company included, but Im quite sure that with techniques and knowledge shared from both sides this could be greatly improved, how about a colunm on utility arb news each month Im quite sure some of us from the main service providers would be willing to help with input.

i have always enjoyed and turned to gear reviews and would love to be a reviewer as i love gear

new techniques are also interesting

a day in the life of different disiplines of the arb world

pros and cons of different equipment ie ropes, knots ect

top tips section