Advertising

WillTimberlake

Get social media accounts, Facebook, you tube, LinkedIn etc etc and make sure they are correctly linked to your site.

Try to read a bit about SEO, it takes time to learn and understand all the terms but its the only way if you are looking to do some things yourself.

A quick fix is to make sure you have a google places listing, it normally puts you at the top of the page if there is not a lot of competition in your area.

Be wary of seo unless done by the right company it can be expensive for very little return if you have the right site & ppc campaign it will draw new clients in.

Yes you get people that phone that will have 10 quotes and want the cheapest but you can soon weed them out. Our site has bought in more work than all our previous adverts combined. This week I've had 3 quotes for trees a big landscaping job, I've lost count of log sales but it's got to be 20 cube.

You often see spam posts here, probably from SEO outfits representing contractors outside the UK, SEO companies just looking to get a web counter spinning. Largely a waste of every ones time and the clients money.

Google loves back links for page ranking. Forums provide a great source for that, but simply a link in you sig and be active on the forums is the ideal way.

Thanks all for your advice and info. I would appreciate it if you could take a browse on my website and let me know what you think/what would improve it etc. (A gallery is being created at the mo).

You need the 3 W's

Who you are

What you do

Where you do it

Looks good so far