Green teeth

Mark Bolam

if you are buying the green teeth copies watch out for the diameter of the carbide as its smaller than the genuine green teeth and the nose of the shank wears because of this and the carbide seems to be not as good a quality

Dab a blob of weld on the holder!

I have been playing with genuine and non genuine from the link earlier.

I have a 16ha site of mostly birch stumps to clear to surface level, i.e. The teeth were only ever in contact with wood. I thought this would be an ideal chance for me to find the best teeth for myself. I purchased some genuine 900's and non-genuine 900's.

I started using one of two sets of new genuine teeth, I found it necessary to turn them every 4ish hours to maintain a reasonable cutting speed. Therefore a set replacement/sharpen every 2 days.

I did the same with the teeth available from the link earlier, they achieved four days (30ish hours) before the first turn, 3 on the second then I used it to cut a stump below ground which obviously took the edge off. I will be taking them out again soon to the same site.

Both sets of teeth were used in the same area of the same site.

This was only a non-scientific experiment for me, some may find genuine teeth better.

I have also noticed the American and German tungsten carbide (on other machines I run) is far superior to the Chinese which both sets of teeth used appear to be made from.

I have been playing with genuine and non genuine from the link earlier.

I have a 16ha site of mostly birch stumps to clear to surface level, i.e. The teeth were only ever in contact with wood. I thought this would be an ideal chance for me to find the best teeth for myself. I purchased some genuine 900's and non-genuine 900's.

I started using one of two sets of new genuine teeth, I found it necessary to turn them every 4ish hours to maintain a reasonable cutting speed. Therefore a set replacement/sharpen every 2 days.

I did the same with the teeth available from the link earlier, they achieved four days (30ish hours) before the first turn, 3 on the second then I used it to cut a stump below ground which obviously took the edge off. I will be taking them out again soon to the same site.

Both sets of teeth were used in the same area of the same site.

This was only a non-scientific experiment for me, some may find genuine teeth better.

I have also noticed the American and German tungsten carbide (on other machines I run) is far superior to the Chinese which both sets of teeth used appear to be made from.

Well that's a massive difference!! 👍👍👍