some people ay tree work keeps you fit?

Czlowiek Drzewo

does it?

I think if you work as climber the chances of you getting fat are slim..and you get muscle work out..but i think tree work damages the skelatol frame.

Best exercise for tree work has to be stretching..how many tree workers do you know who have the monkey walk? You know the but you arms swaying walk.

This is due to tight hip flexors and hamstrings...from spiking and harness that don't fit correctly. climbing everyday like this over years causes sevwer damage..due to the skelaton having taking the load because the muscles are very tight and weak in areas.

I am writing this as i need to go get therapy done for my left knee due to over climbing. I have been climbing for only 9 years.

anyone else have severe symptoms from climbing.?

does it?

I am writing this as i need to go get therapy done for my left knee due to over climbing. I have been climbing for only 9 years.

anyone else have severe symptoms from climbing.?

Are you sure your injury is from working as you lift some heavy weights martyn?

I have lots of injuries but i would not contribute any to climbing i would say some of mine came from lifting lumps of timber that should have been cut in half, the injuries i carry came from years of combat sports, but you must be putting massive strain on your body with the weights you lift dont get me wrong its impressive but could be the source of your injuries?

Are you sure your injury is from working as you lift some heavy weights martyn?

I have lots of injuries but i would not contribute any to climbing i would say some of mine came from lifting lumps of timber that should have been cut in half, the injuries i carry came from years of combat sports, but you must be putting massive strain on your body with the weights you lift dont get me wrong its impressive but could be the source of your injuries?

Its possible. But i do notice after a days climbing my left knee feels worse.

I use squats and stretching etc as therapy after a days climbing to heal my legs..and the feel fine after that.

Pretty sure its the spiking. prob due to tight hip flexors.

Tree work does not keep you 'fit' it damages your body. You may not feel it now but it will come eventually.

It is important to do some kind of training or physical Core strength is the most important, a strong core will help protect your back.

I'm typing this laying in bed in agony after a 9 year back problem has decided to rear it's ugly head once again.

I think treework keeps you fit and fairly strong.

I have put on a little extra padding lately and so decided to go for a run, I hadn't ran for about 10 years so was expecting it to be hard going, however I managed to run a couple of miles or so without stopping (which I expected to do on the first go). So not thay bad really as I'd bet many 35yo men would have struggled.

I think tree workers are stronger than average too, I had a new brash rat in the other day, he was a stocky muscly little guy but was not as strong as me or Andrew.

Tree work wont give you a great looking body though, at least not if mine's anything to go by.

I think treework keeps you fit and fairly strong.

I have put on a little extra padding lately and so decided to go for a run, I hadn't ran for about 10 years so was expecting it to be hard going, however I managed to run a couple of miles or so without stopping (which I expected to do on the first go). So not thay bad really as I'd bet many 35yo men would have struggled.

I think tree workers are stronger than average too, I had a new brash rat in the other day, he was a stocky muscly little guy but was not as strong as me or Andrew.

Tree work wont give you a great looking body though, at least not if mine's anything to go by.

Yeah i agree tree work keeps you stronger than the average bloke. But the average bloke who does not work hard pprob has better joints.

What i was getting at ..is tree work has so much ware and tear on you joints that your skelaton becomes old before its time.

definetly keeps you fit, of course it can injure you, but so can any sport. my knees have suffered my back and my shoulder. but with a bit of afterwork training i manage to stay on top of them. i've been mainly gardening this summer and my mass and general energy levels have definetly dropped a fair bit. if you just climb and gives your body a disproportionate shape, built up arms and forearms. bulit up back but under developed chest creating that sort of monkey look, which causes hunching, resulting in back problems. thats why its important to do other exercises also.