Turtle got a brand new saw!

TurtleWoods72

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good news for you , you actually got a really good tool there from what i hear ... and i am a saw snob !! . While you imagine that everyone full time in the game goes for Husky XP or Stihl pro i hapened to notice 391s in Two different hardwood mills i know who have a vast array of stuff (ms 880s , 661s 395s and the like ) . Both had been sold them by the same dealer (obviously the profit margin must be high on semi pro stuff ) but they were getting plenty of hacking and the owners and user both rated them .

Good news for you , you actually got a really good tool there from what i hear ... and i am a saw snob !! . While you imagine that everyone full time in the game goes for Husky XP or Stihl pro i hapened to notice 391s in Two different hardwood mills i know who have a vast array of stuff (ms 880s , 661s 395s and the like ) . Both had been sold them by the same dealer (obviously the profit margin must be high on semi pro stuff ) but they were getting plenty of hacking and the owners and user both rated them .

This has made my day! :thumbup:

I was thrilled with my purchase, despite the inevitable online dissection of how I'd wasted my cash .. 'Shoulda bought a XXxXxX' etc.

Knowing that some people with the choice of anything at all welcome them over the threshold makes me feel content that I haven't bought a lemon, and will enjoy my new toy.

I appreciate you stepping up to put some credence to my decision.:thumbup1:

We'll done rich next thing is to get you climbing then you got another list of must haves. But the Mrs can't complain because it's the same hobby :biggrin:

Thanks mate!

Trust me, if I started climbing the trees, I wouldn't need a @&£)%# chainsaw!

I could just pull the bloody things down, or snap off the branches one by one :blushing:

I'm more Tarka than Tarzan dude!

I'm willing to have a go though, if you've got a training bonsai I can start on! :thumbup1:

Hi

That seems like a really good deal, should fly on a 16" B&C

well done

n

Thanks mate :001_smile:

Got it on my lap now, reading through the manual (well looking at the pictures) had a look at the bar, chain, tools etc. Wiped the PDI oily fingerprints off it :001_rolleyes:

Fuel in the tank, oil reservoir dry...all looks good! :thumbup1:

It is a lump, but somehow that's a + for me rather than a -

Feels solid.

Wouldn't want to sling the thing around all day, every day mind. :thumbdown: