560xp brake band problem

TIMON

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know if anyone has come across this but the plastic casing that contains the chain brake mechanism has melted and the brake band doesn't engage.

Thanks in advance

Timon

All new saws have many parts that are made from hard cheese that are painted to look real.

If you are using the saw and the clouds clear, part of your saw will get soft and break.

All new saws have many parts that are made from hard cheese that are painted to look real.

If you are using the saw and the clouds clear, part of your saw will get soft and break.

I thought it was Kleenex and spit but hard cheese makes much more sense

My muffler mod on my 560xp

[ATTACH]187567[/ATTACH]

I prefer a pipe rather than a hole, you could also do louvres, which are multiple angled slits, or fit a deflector over the hole

Done a mod on the ole 141 today and it's vastly improved the throttle response and it feels less inclined to struggle under load and not to noisey either, I put a 20x5mm slot along the front bottom edge of the exhaust so now it vents out of the front as well as the side but (there's always a but) it still stalls when idling and I noticed when I removed the plug that it's wet so is it to rich on the low speed adjuster, I'll have to get one of those silly screwdriver things I think !...:001_rolleyes:

Done a mod on the ole 141 today and it's vastly improved the throttle response and it feels less inclined to struggle under load and not to noisey either, I put a 20x5mm slot along the front bottom edge of the exhaust so now it vents out of the front as well as the side but (there's always a but) it still stalls when idling and I noticed when I removed the plug that it's wet so is it to rich on the low speed adjuster, I'll have to get one of those silly screwdriver things I think !...:001_rolleyes:

That's quite an opening! 100mm^2! Make sure you keep an eye on the plug colour!

Muffler mods and porting don't sort out inherent issues in saws, always best to sort out the issues first.

If the plug is wet and black then it is too rich and may need an adjustment. the stalling on idle could be too rich/lean ot the idle may just need adjustment.

The H screw can be adjusted so the saw fourstrokes (thumps) a little on the top end but make sure the plug is a mid tan colour when done!

Muffler mods and porting don't sort out inherent issues in saws, always best to sort out the issues first.

If the plug is wet and black then it is too rich and may need an adjustment. the stalling on idle could be too rich/lean ot the idle may just need adjustment.

The H screw can be adjusted so the saw fourstrokes (thumps) a little on the top end but make sure the plug is a mid tan colour when done!

Husky 136/141/142 apparently all stall at idle no matter how you fiddle with the L mixture screw, apparently it's to do with the heat build up in the motor due to an overly restrictive exhaust, the internal baffle is still intact but now the exhaust clears quicker and the saw runs and revs cleaner and doesn't seem to get as hot as it used to but sadly it still stalls at idle which is due I think to the previous owners random screw turning as when I first got it it was revving it's nuts off on tickover, I'll get there eventually !...:thumbup1:

Husky 136/141/142 apparently all stall at idle no matter how you fiddle with the L mixture screw, apparently it's to do with the heat build up in the motor due to an overly restrictive exhaust, the internal baffle is still intact but now the exhaust clears quicker and the saw runs and revs cleaner and doesn't seem to get as hot as it used to but sadly it still stalls at idle which is due I think to the previous owners random screw turning as when I first got it it was revving it's nuts off on tickover, I'll get there eventually !...:thumbup1:

Mmmmmm, the ones I have done haven't, have you checked the inlet manifold and impulse connector yet?