Makita Saw

Atilla

Don't let stubby talk you into getting a 365.

What size timber will you cut?

He won't. :biggrin:

A 16" bar would be more than adequate, it's just that the offer of £360 for the 5121 is very good. Cheaper than most shops are selling the EA4300F38C.

Or do i go Dolmar PS42* ?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If your looking at Makita gear, your on the right road, Iam changing all of my sthil stuff cuss its made in china and iam having constant problems with the carbs, so get your self on to EBAY.DE its the german site, there are companies that sell the Makita gear, but the best part is its 60% cheaper than rip off UK and they will post it to you for abour £15. and the vibration speck is better than stihl or husky they use a double dampening and its one one or two awards for this teck, good luck type in Makita Kettensäge this is german for chainsaw Makita EA4300F38C 340 euro,,,, good luck

Or go Dollie and really get your moneys worth . Come on Shavey and TCT !

If your looking at Makita gear, your on the right road, Iam changing all of my sthil stuff cuss its made in china and iam having constant problems with the carbs, so get your self on to EBAY.DE its the german site, there are companies that sell the Makita gear, but the best part is its 60% cheaper than rip off UK and they will post it to you for abour £15. and the vibration speck is better than stihl or husky they use a double dampening and its one one or two awards for this teck, good luck type in Makita Kettensäge this is german for chainsaw Makita EA4300F38C 340 euro,,,, good luck

I see what you mean about Germany. Serious price difference

He won't. :biggrin:

A 16" bar would be more than adequate, it's just that the offer of £360 for the 5121 is very good. Cheaper than most shops are selling the EA4300F38C.

Or do i go Dolmar PS42* ?

Good evening

The two saws your talking about are both good choices but two different styles the ps-420sc dolmar or EA4300f are fantastic saws a good design over built using parts from the 60cc range they go well respond well to work and once warranty is out of the way they can be very lively easy start every time hot or cold well balanced and very few vibes 13"-15" bar and chain EA041 bar mounts

Well balanced and powerful

The 5121 is the pro chassis of the ps-5105 a very good 50cc powerhouse heavier but again it's a bigger saw defianetly worth a thought again starts well every time easy start 13"-- 18" bar and chain K095 bar mounts

Well balanced and zippy :thumbup::thumbup:

If I had a choice of the two I would have both of them :lol::lol:

In red though as it matches the Redline 2-stroke oil:thumbup:

Edited by shavey

Good evening

The two saws your talking about are both good choices but two different styles the ps-420sc dolmar or EA4300f are fantastic saws a good design over built using parts from the 60cc range they go well respond well to work and once warranty is out of the way they can be very lively easy start every time hot or cold well balanced and very few vibes 13"-15" bar and chain EA041 bar mounts

Well balanced and powerful

The 5121 is the pro chassis of the ps-5105 a very good 50cc powerhouse heavier but again it's a bigger saw defianetly worth a thought again starts well every time easy start 13"-- 18" bar and chain K095 bar mounts

Well balanced and zippy :thumbup::thumbup:

If I had a choice of the two I would have both of them :lol::lol:

In red though as it matches the Redline 2-stroke oil:thumbup:

Many thanks for your response. Confirmed my options - but not which one. Drats.

I'll be cheeky and ask, how does one go 'red'?

Had lots of experience with smaller Stihls over the years 017/170/018/180/025/250/231 and have got my hands on a Husky or 2 of late 136/141/236/435, I picked up a 'Makita EA3201s' on the bay for not much dosh the other day and to say I was surprised is a bit of an understatement, it's done very little in the way of work so not completely knackered, it starts first pull every time just a few pumps of the primer when cold and it's more than a match for most of the saw's I've listed, what I'm getting at is if the bigger stuff is anything like the junior Makita's then I can't see them being a disappointment, I shall certainly be looking at another 'Makita' when I'm in the market for a bigger saw !...:thumbup1:

Edited by TORNADOS7

Many thanks for your response. Confirmed my options - but not which one. Drats.

I'll be cheeky and ask, how does one go 'red'?

Well it sounds like the 50cc saw would be better as you can have a 13"" 15" or a 18" if needed and if you get a bigger tree you will have a bit more in reserve for larger cuts and the smaller bar for smaller timber

I can help you old with dolmar new saws second hand saws and all parts

But makita I haven't been far down that road only when needed :thumbup: