How often do others change their Processor ?

arboriculturist

wish you luck on that, we gave up trying to buy processor sized stuff for this year and just concentrating on splitting down all the oversize that's been kicking around the yard and see what's available this winter for next season.

I'll need luck or something similar to actually witness actual processor size turning up.

The last 2 loads took 25% of time to process the good stuff and 75% of time working on the rest!

This is not going to be easy with hardwoods.:001_cool:

Surely a processor that only cuts 350mm is restricting you?

Why not get a bigger processor, that can handle bigger timber?

If you can be more flexible and cut larger diameter timber, this can only be a good ting?

What size does you cut?

Other processors will handle larger diameters as you know, so what persuaded you to buy the Posch?

To be honest I just wanted something that didn't have a chainsaw. That was the only issue I had with the farmi, I went to see a duun working and the first go they had an issue with the chainsaw (they did say they fixed it later on) and I heard a few people saying they were having issues with the tajfun chains. Was just a running theme and a guy local to me had a posch 350 so went to see it and was impressed. Everyone seems to say good things about them so went for it. A lot of the stuff we get in and ever have had in is 12" and under so it's perfect. Anything bigger will just be left and cut and split when we are quiet!

To be honest I just wanted something that didn't have a chainsaw. That was the only issue I had with the farmi, I went to see a duun working and the first go they had an issue with the chainsaw (they did say they fixed it later on) and I heard a few people saying they were having issues with the tajfun chains. Was just a running theme and a guy local to me had a posch 350 so went to see it and was impressed. Everyone seems to say good things about them so went for it. A lot of the stuff we get in and ever have had in is 12" and under so it's perfect. Anything bigger will just be left and cut and split when we are quiet!

Totally agree - looking at reducing or better still removing maintanance wherever possible.:thumbup1:

How long does it take you to do an 8 wheeler load (17.5 T) of decent hardwood; in say 2 shifts ?

Surely a processor that only cuts 350mm is restricting you?

Why not get a bigger processor, that can handle bigger timber?

If you can be more flexible and cut larger diameter timber, this can only be a good ting?

Hi mate how about a posch 600 then cuts splits 600mm looks good how much are and is there any around thanks Jon