Mini Digger advice

GJT

Great set up just what I was thinking of. Is there a big advantage having a rotor and grab instead of just a fixed grab?

It helps a great deal to have rotator for sorting brush from cord wood, loading Chippers and making life easy but not essential, I spent years using a fixed leg grapple on my tb 125 and it is an art to be ImageUploadedByArbtalk1438371749.759956.jpg.9c36be25aaaf9828ee1dc53e80a17932.jpggood on one

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1438371718.911622.jpg.8a493cf562b1c0ac95ccb13f8547b4dd.jpg

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about a grab without a rotator but lots of gripping power to get you going then add a rotator later on [ATTACH]186892[/ATTACH][ATTACH]186893[/ATTACH][ATTACH]186894[/ATTACH]

been looking at different grappels for my digger and the one you have here is just what I have been looking for all the rest have a welded bracket on the dipper can you give me a maker or dealer for the one you have thanks

http://www.approvedhydraulics.co.uk/specsheets/Grabs_Attachments/Crane/Intermercato/Residue_Grabs/TG22PROSR4.pdf

Speak to Adam @ approved hydraulics he can sort out any thing.

Mine is a tg22 pro sr5 which means it's made of Hardox with 5 tines, it also has a different bolt pattern on the top so I could turn Turn the top hat 90 degrease.

You can have these made in 3 tine up to 7 tine for different applications.

I went for 5 tine so I could use 1 side as a rake to clear up small twigs and leaves into a pile then pick them up with the grab.

The normal timber grabs tend to pick up lumps of turf and soil and if your feeding a chipper they don't like eating it, the open tines tend not pick up stones and soil so the blades last a lot longer in the chipper

http://www.approvedhydraulics.co.uk/specsheets/Grabs_Attachments/Crane/Intermercato/Residue_Grabs/TG22PROSR4.pdf

Speak to Adam @ approved hydraulics he can sort out any thing.

Mine is a tg22 pro sr5 which means it's made of Hardox with 5 tines, it also has a different bolt pattern on the top so I could turn Turn the top hat 90 degrease.

You can have these made in 3 tine up to 7 tine for different applications.

I went for 5 tine so I could use 1 side as a rake to clear up small twigs and leaves into a pile then pick them up with the grab.

The normal timber grabs tend to pick up lumps of turf and soil and if your feeding a chipper they don't like eating it, the open tines tend not pick up stones and soil so the blades last a lot longer in the chipper

The Tiger Grip are great bits of kit and may end up with one myself yet as a suitable alternative is not forthcoming.

Just something to consider if you're going over a 5 tonne base machine is that these grabs don't have a full excavator type top and rely on a fairly narrow bolt hole pattern for mounting.

This can be improved by some simple webs being added around the grab at the join, but obviously this makes it a more permanent solution that can't then have tops swapped for different machines.

Not much to touch the Tiger Grip on terms of opening to closing ratio figures too, but hopefully more alternatives will be available soon with a full excavator type top.

Eddie.

like the idea of being able to control the grab independently and using the back tines as a rake I am thinking of the 7 tine option and hope it will be able to load logs into trailer as my back seems to be a lot older and weaker than the rest of the body

• 2 weeks later...