Larger disc chippers

arc

Heres a couple of vids for comparison

Dynamic 510 140hp, 700 x 450mm infeed. Ever struggle with a limby pine tree? heres how to sort them out...

Dynamic Manufacturing Corporation - Discover the Cone-Head Advantage!

equivalent heizohack

YouTube - Déchiqueteuse HEIZOHACK HM8 500K

I think these two vids show the two machines at there best jobs. I would not want to put limby bushy pine through a Heizohack, but chipping dry slab, its absolutely brilliant.

the heizohack seems alot slower, less movable and bulkier? But looks like its more rugged, better on a commercial site i'd say

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thats intresting to know, someone i work for has a big biomass contract chipping cord wood straight into a barn at a local estate, the estate has been complaining the chip isn't a 100% uniform G5. Only less than 2% is over, they reckon someone with a Heizohack can produce 100% G5 chip.

Whats he using to chip it? G50 is a pretty rough spec, but yeah, a Heizo would do it. Trouble with screening to hard is you get a lot of dust and fines.

I've put some nasty stuff through a Heizo mate, I'd say it's comparable with your big Conehead but i didn't ever put a big pine through it.

The problem with the Heizohack is the small rotor, if you stuff the infeed full of trees the weight of the material on the top of the pile means it's slows right down pulling in.

Aggresive infeed is the key and I think the American chippers win hands down in this area.

the heizohack seems alot slower, less movable and bulkier? But looks like its more rugged, better on a commercial site i'd say

If you look closely, they've bolted it to a forwarding trailer. And I would bet money on the Dynamic being stronger and heavier... It is american after all.

Thats intresting to know, someone i work for has a big biomass contract chipping cord wood straight into a barn at a local estate, the estate has been complaining the chip isn't a 100% uniform G5. Only less than 2% is over, they reckon someone with a Heizohack can produce 100% G5 chip.

Hmm I've never seen any chipper produce 100% G30 or G50. The boiler infeed spec is the deciding factor on how much oversize they can take.

AHS used to screen there chip, the fines were sent for horse corrals, the over size for play chip and the G30-50 was sold to medium size installations who paid a premium for good quality chip. Screening was viable because of the high value of the end product and the chipping was done in a yard witht he round wood being bought in.

I've put some nasty stuff through a Heizo mate, I'd say it's comparable with your big Conehead but i didn't ever put a big pine through it.

I'd agree... but remember the BIG Heizo is probably 25% bigger than the comparable Dynamic. The 500 series conehead is probably closer to the 10-500 rather than the 14-800.

I doubt the conehead has a screen?

Well i'm off to bed, before i go though here is a pic of Heritage Trees 20" Vermeer it gobbles up material at a ferocious rate, the Yanks sure make tough chippers.

DSCN1779.jpg.e6015bfb591790da9411690ff85618cc.jpg

Now this is a chipper....

And if you guys know of anybody with something similar then I have a possible job for one in October.... but ti would have to work out cheaper than stump grinding..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeehDcQgeA4]YouTube - CBI 6800P Grinding Stumps[/ame]

Edited by Highland Forestry
my spelling is crap sorry

Now this is a chipper....

And if you guys know of anybody with something similar then I have a possible job for one in October.... but ti would have to work out cheaper than stump grinding..

YouTube - CBI 6800P Grinding Stumps

Not a chipper, Its a grinder. Although CBI do a chipper rotor conversion for the 8400 series.

Do you know Davey Dick? He has one... £500,000 it cost him