Pressure and vac test

Pbtaylor2014

Hi guys seen this on amoson it a pressure tester and vac test pleas can you tell me if it's any good; Actron CP7803 Vacuum and Fuel Pressure Tester Kit

The gauge is OK but how are you going to put the pressure or create a vacuum in the crankcase? you also need a method of creating a fully sealed connection with the cylinder or crankcase.

The kit is missing a vacuum pump, a pressure pump and the valves needed to create pressure or vacuum!

The gauge is OK but how are you going to put the pressure or create a vacuum in the crankcase? you also need a method of creating a fully sealed connection with the cylinder or crankcase.

The kit is missing a vacuum pump, a pressure pump and the valves needed to create pressure or vacuum!

Hi spud is there a kit you recommend m8 cheers

Not really, I wasn't going to spend a fortune on the kits available from the chainsaw manufacturers so I developed my own, one from the sort of gauge you listed for pressure and also from a brake bleeding kit for vacuum.

The issues you have are how to connect the gauge, how to produce positive pressure, the one way valve needed to seal a positive pressure - the vacuum part of it was much easier.

If you read the earlier sections of my "whats on your bench thread", you will see images of me testing for pressure and vacuum.

Some do use the Mityvac kit but make sure you get the one that does both pressure and vaccum.

I've got one of those generic ebay specials (paid about £20 a few years ago) like this:

21PC Hand Held Vacuum Pressure Pump Tester Brake Fluid Bleeder Adapters Set Kit | eBay

They are pretty sh*t to be frank, and I usually spend as much time coaxing the pump/meter into action as I do doing the actual testing.

Thing is, there was (maybe still is) almost nothing available between the cheap and nasties and the expensive, but less nasty. Personally I don't use it enough to merit a posh one.

I've got one of those generic ebay specials (paid about £20 a few years ago) like this:

21PC Hand Held Vacuum Pressure Pump Tester Brake Fluid Bleeder Adapters Set Kit | eBay

They are pretty sh*t to be frank, and I usually spend as much time coaxing the pump/meter into action as I do doing the actual testing.

Thing is, there was (maybe still is) almost nothing available between the cheap and nasties and the expensive, but less nasty. Personally I don't use it enough to merit a posh one.

I got the brass Sealey one, seems good but have had to change an O ring and mod it a little:001_rolleyes::lol:

Been having a similar conversation with someone on AS about this. Lots of people on there say the Mityvac MV8500 is the one to get (does pressure and vac)

Cheapest via ebay/amazon seems to be about £70. Depends how much you are looking to spend based on how much you think you would be using it.

That's the price for the kit, if just the pump and gauge, I think it's the MV8510 around £50.

• 2 weeks later...
Been having a similar conversation with someone on AS about this. Lots of people on there say the Mityvac MV8500 is the one to get (does pressure and vac)

Cheapest via ebay/amazon seems to be about £70. Depends how much you are looking to spend based on how much you think you would be using it.

That's the price for the kit, if just the pump and gauge, I think it's the MV8510 around £50.

i have the mityvac kit use it all the time no problems you just have to get a spark plug adapter to fit hose to echo make one have seen them on ebay for sale

• 4 months later...

how difficult would it be to make a basic cylinder pressure tester? If I bought one of those pressure gauges where the needle stays at the maximum peak that went to 300 psi and took it to my local mechanical/hydraulic outfit, would it be as simple as asking them to make up a piece of pressure hose with a fitting to match the gauge on one end and matching fitting for the plug hole on the other, crank the saw and see where needle stops on the gauge? Probably too simple but thought i'd ask.