loading a cs100 onto a Hilux, any tips!

Big T

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cheers for the offer mate! Bit strapped for cash at the mo though, chipper cleaned me out! Just put it in me old man's trailer, was made to measure so will do for the mo, first job with it tomorrow so it's now gotta start paying for itself!:)

BigT, i was about to winch my chipper off the rear of my pickup and down the ramps on friday morning when i neglected to click the directional lever on the hand winch correctly, this resulted in the chipper racing down the ramps backwards and the crank handle on the hand winch racing around and smacking the bejaysus out of my left hand. The chipper was fine but the winch is now distorted and the plastic part of the crank handle fractured. My hand was sore ferra while but was aok. I'm gonna look out for a small chipper trailer (possibly a pedestrian roller type) or fit the safer and easier to use electric winch to my pickup to load and unload the chipper. Just thought you shud keep this in mind. W

Ouch! That sounds like a near miss mate! Hope ure hand gets better soon! I'm using a small trailer to move mine, I only wanted to get it into the Hilux to make life easier as no bugger around here can reverse and makes towing a trailer fun! I did try to get it into the Hilux but chickened out, had visions of smashed chippers and body parts!

• 1 month later...

I bought a second hand lucas lift for £150 rated at 750kg for my tipper. Its been great I can pick up my micro chipper, bags of log, wheelie bin almost anything and swing it on to the bed with no effort, safely in minutes. Ive also used it to pull things too larger to swing in up ramps with it in the locked position using the remote and that worked well too. A very good buy