TPOs - are they important?

Kveldssanger

I have begun to, as an aside, leave standing stems from dead trees with natural fracture cuts, undertake veteranisation techniques on trees, and leave felled deadwood within hedgerows. Again however, this is met by some tree contractors with passive objection. When those within the industry don't even care / understand, what hope is there?

I like all of that! Can't understand why anyone wouldn't. It's easier work & enviro positive. What's not to like?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. doesn't need answering bearing in mind 3/4

2. It's been a decade since I dealt with it, but I'm coming back soon to reduce two tpo'd trees for family members and have been dismayed by the paperwork needed for reductions on what I regard as transitory, low value trees, ie birch.

Still, you won't get many TOs on here saying the same, turkeys don't vote for Christmas do they?

I don't follow. Q1 is Is current TPO legislation necessary / appropriate? You want to keep 5% of the TPOs, so is that a yes? Q2 is 2. Do you have confidence in the TPO system? So for those TPOs that you seem to agree with, do you?

Turkeys won't vote for Christmas, but you won't see the turkey farmers voting against it.

I like all of that! Can't understand why anyone wouldn't. It's easier work & enviro positive. What's not to like?

There's two industries. One that manages trees and one that is rewarded for pruning or removing them. Maybe the first question should be re-worded " Do you like things that get in the way of making money?" or perhaps "Do you want your grandchildren to have to gasp for oxygen in a concrete desert?"

Yours grumpilty as ever about the short-sightedness of mankind and the contribution that one of the industries make to that.

I don't follow. Q1 is Is current TPO legislation necessary / appropriate? You want to keep 5% of the TPOs, so is that a yes? Q2 is 2. Do you have confidence in the TPO system? So for those TPOs that you seem to agree with, do you?

Turkeys won't vote for Christmas, but you won't see the turkey farmers voting against it.

I took each question as a separate entity.