Cinch users

Steve Bullman

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Simplest way would be to use a clip off of a horse lead (like a dog lead clip but bigger) put the ring on the karabiner and clip the clip end to a swivel cheeck pulley. That give good flexibilty to the system and you can advance the prussik in the normal way with the pulley getting in the way.

If you were going to use a bit of string then thats fine, but while your at it you could attahc the other end of the string to the splice end of your rope using a prussik, then it would self advance!

Ta, i could picture it in my head, just wonderd what was best to use, Nice one Rupe!! :thumbup:

This video is worth a watch. Jon T in ireland 2006. He was the only one to even attempt the jump (at 51 secs) and he nailed it perfectly.

Very good / fast I was speaking to him at the APF Cannock Chase . He showed me his foot locking and it was light speed .He was quite helpful . Although I wasnt really thinking about changing climbing systems at that time . Would love to pick his brains now tho .:thumbup:

just as a point the ropeman 2 addressed those serrations and is now better and safer The Ropemen Devices

cam is more like an ascender cam :thumbup:

but still have found a good use for it

Cheers Bob ,Thats good news as Ive already ordered one mk2 that is . May be going on the flip line or as cam for hauling up the bigger saws . What are you using yours for ? :001_smile:

Cheers Bob ,Thats good news as Ive already ordered one mk2 that is . May be going on the flip line or as cam for hauling up the bigger saws . What are you using yours for ? :001_smile:

as my last post says not found a use

but ropeman 1 holds my mountain bike up in garage roof when i pull it up on the 5-1 system probably not the best or cheapest system but was not using it for anything else:thumbup:

ropeman 2 i just use as a adjuster when trying new ideas or bits but never in real world stuff:blushing:

as my last post says not found a use

but ropeman 1 holds my mountain bike up in garage roof when i pull it up on the 5-1 system probably not the best or cheapest system but was not using it for anything else:thumbup:

ropeman 2 i just use as a adjuster when trying new ideas or bits but never in real world stuff:blushing:

Sorry you missed the ( not ) found a good use .

Never in the real world :blushing: ah well mines going on my flip line . To late now well I,ll try it out anyway .:thumbup: