The Top ten Fungi

Dean Lofthouse

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you learn about a new fungi dean if it is the right season you want to go out and find one to see it first hand some like inonotus you will need to see alive and dead as it goes from buff through to black. You will soon be hooked then you will be like monkeyd going on holiday looking for fungi LOL :001_smile::001_smile:

When you learn about a new fungi dean if it is the right season you want to go out and find one to see it first hand some like inonotus you will need to see alive and dead as it goes from buff through to black. You will soon be hooked then you will be like monkeyd going on holiday looking for fungi LOL :001_smile:

It's a nightmare just learning the names, once I have the names I can start puting pictures to names.

Got my London visit next weekend, apparently I've heard from a reliable source, the place is absolutley lifting with fungii :001_tongue:

Dean are you going to enter the Fungi ID comp at the show?, as I dont seem to have your booking come through.:sneaky2:

If I can bring my Jordans with me Justin no problem mate :001_tongue:

im sorry is this the same Mr Lofthouse, that not a month ago was campaigning to get people to stop using latin names in favour of common names? what happened?

Charlie - That was a year ago :scared1: see if Arbtalk hadn't come along, I'd still be in the dark ages, I wouldn't have known what a VT was and my groundy wouldn't have been going to Askern Bryan college in Sept for his NVQ level 2.

Like was said back then, if you find out what the Latin means, it makes it a lot easier to understand.

I did 14 years on town centre markets every friday sat and sun, because some of our minority friends used to talk amongst themselves in Hurdu talking about how much to offer when bartering I decided to learn Hurdu numbers, it was hard work but well worthwhile to see the shock on their faces when I told them not to bother offering Ek, do, teen, Char panche £ as they would be wasting their time.

Sometimes learning new things is well worth the effort