Rabaud Xylog 420 / 550 Processor

arboriculturist

I've had this debate before and we tried it and you end up with logs that are over size and kindling. We charge a lot for our firewood so it's got to be high quality IE dry and quite uniform.

Processor knives are designed to break round bits down not wedges best to have processor eating cord and a good bloke on splitter. You would be amazed at what we can do in a 10 hour day

Do you have some kind of deck/table to feed the splitter?

I've been splitting big rings, its pretty back breaking:thumbdown:

I've ordered one of these, I'm sure its going to be easier, plus its Ideal for the billets for my

boiler.

[ame]

[/ame]

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hang on, I'm supposed to be running my old JD2130 with Japa 700 on white diesel?!!! You have to taking the blankety blank blank blank !!!

HMRC now provide an email service to give the definitive answer to these type of queries.

I now tend to follow this course and print off a copy of their reply, which we keep with the vehicle concerned. Find this save so much timewasting when they show up!

I am only talking about mobile processing on white diesel.

i.e. Taking the processor to e.g. the Tree Surgeons work site, yard or an individuals property to convert their wood into logs.

I AM NOT talking about Forestry - as we all know that is a completely different area. 'As usual the devil's in the detail' and I prefer to rely on direct contact with HMRC to provide difinitive answers.

PS. Nothing wrong with an old JD2130!

I've had this debate before and we tried it and you end up with logs that are over size and kindling. We charge a lot for our firewood so it's got to be high quality IE dry and quite uniform.

Processor knives are designed to break round bits down not wedges *****

I COMPLETELY AGREE - Produce a quality uniform product and you can demand a premium price.

Lots of people enjoy stacking logs and the seem to love uniform split ones.

I've ordered one of these, I'm sure its going to be easier, plus its Ideal for the billets for my

boiler.

Yep some of what I've been doing is 3 ft across it hard on the body

20 t or 30 as I assume your doing arb I'd go for the 30

Edited by Mortimer Firewood

boiler.

Hi a good choice I bought the binderberger 30t machine in 2002 just the same as the posch .They are so easy the lifter does all the hard work all you have to do is use the controls,anything too big for the lifter I just put straight on with the crane.Over the years I have tried to find bits to stop it but it just keeps on going.Have you got it with a 6 way axe as well this would speed up your billet production.One thing they work better on green semi green wood as old dried wood will tend to shatter especialy beech.

Sure you will be pleased with it.

Cheers Chris

Hi a good choice I bought the binderberger 30t machine in 2002 just the same as the posch .They are so easy the lifter does all the hard work all you have to do is use the controls,anything too big for the lifter I just put straight on with the crane.Over the years I have tried to find bits to stop it but it just keeps on going.Have you got it with a 6 way axe as well this would speed up your billet production.One thing they work better on green semi green wood as old dried wood will tend to shatter especialy beech.

Sure you will be pleased with it.

Cheers Chris

Yes got the single, 4 way and 6.

Yes timber such as beech and sycamore I'll stick with the 4way with table, much less waste, the 6way should be good for pop, ash, etc.