self propelled chipper (Shreks wee chipper)

Stephen Blair

ithing the 125 with feed rolers is a great machine for what it is mate , but the smaller push round a grden jobby is a pile of rubbish mate

Are you referring to the Timberwolf Treebusta? I used to hire one reguarly for tight access, the only downside of that machine was the low discharge, which meant you had to keep either moving the machine or the chips so it didnt back up into the machine, oh and you couldnt blow stuff any distance. Of course all chippers should be kept sharp anyway. But for its size it was still better than an awkward drag out.

I wish some of the hire companies round here had one, all the other gravity fed ones I have used have been utter crap. but that one looks good. I probably don't get enough work for one to justify it though.

Have you tried Alpha plus tom? they are in livingstone i am working up there tomorrow i can drop in and see if they hire them out as they are greenmech dealers and hire the other models out.

I like it alot but cant justify £4k for something that wont get used alot.

little chipper was great today, apart from when i couldnt get her started, i thought i had flooded her, so a lot of sweating, a phone call to dean, a big hissy fit and and then a quick call to peteb, and she started first pull, one of the little sensors wasnt pressed down, must of been all her bouncing in my quad trailer. thanks pete for that today. a fair size cherry tree, i had planned to remove everything, but the customer asked if she could keep the woodchip for the garden and her dad had a wood burner, and the seepings went in her brown bin, so i knocked of 20% and it was happy days all round. the chipping took approx 30 mins.sorry the vid is so wobbly:001_cool:

5976549466361_weechipper3009.jpg.2035841f53aee6de6d6b57f2a8cb8b6e.jpg

5976549461d3a_weechipper3008.jpg.9c18003b1d9f279696657a091198cec5.jpg

597654945dde6_weechipper3007.jpg.444fc0b698c8d1d1cf6ebc1744a20f5c.jpg

5976549459d91_weechipper3004.jpg.309cdcf23aeab55856004789dad8beb5.jpg

59765494557dd_weechipper3003.jpg.94e77bc5fe0fafb25f0b82a8e064cd6a.jpg

the thing with the whole 'gypo' theory is, it is only arbfolk that feel this way, we give ourselves an awful lot of extra work feeling like we are super heros and it is against the law not to work unless you have a 3 man squad, all wearing stein gear and footlocking into a 20foot cherry tree. i worked all day yesterday in my shorts. it was great, the customer thought nothing of this, i have worked for her for 11 years, they even came out especially to see the little chipper in action. they couldnt believe my small invoice, they were expecting to pay a lot more. and the lady today works in IT from the house, what does she know about the world of ARB, one minute the pesky pita tree was there, after lunch it was gone all satacked up and 50 quid off her original estimate and she was delighted with me and the job. so happy days:thumbup:

Hmmmmm so the little sensors playing up is it? when they demoed it to me it did the same, and they struggle to find the problem for a few minutes. TBH that put me off the little beauty, perfect except for a little niggle that I knew would bug me.

it isnt a problem any more andy now i know what to look out for, the little quad trailer bounces about like mad on our bumpy streets, so it is no wonder something became loose, all i did was tighten it up and away she went first pull. peteb said exactly what it was over the phone. :001_cool:i am not going to let it put me off.