self propelled chipper (Shreks wee chipper)

Stephen Blair

Sorry about the false hope SWB, it turned out that its really a useful bit of kit to have and typically i have a few jobs lined up for it. It goes out very rarely but when it does its a great little chipper. My groundsmen hate it with vengeance but it always brings a smile to my face!

If it ever get to that point again to sell it then i will give you first refusal.

As for hiring it out, it can go out to tree surgery minded machine sympathetic types but as for jo public, NO WAY!!

If you need it Rupe give me a bell.

Apbell, i would but i dont have a copy on this computer.

Theo, when it blocks, is it a pain to sort out?

Not really, you just either lean it on its back and get in a clear it!!! or take the side case off and rotate the drum backwards to clear the blockage. I always let it clear itself before turning it off. They are a good little machine,

OK,

I had the 100 on trial today. Hilarious!

first thing, my lad put a branch in there. First branch of the day. only about 2.5 inch. BANG! SCREECH! Smoke everywhere. Haha! Dealers face fell but TBH, i laughed my ass off! :lol: dealer said "its never done that before" i said "yeah, youve never employed jeff before". i think ill call him Jeff the destroyer from now on. We ended up blocking it about 5 times, admittedly i was trying about 3 of those times, but again it choked on a small branch when i wasnt expecting it.

Richard the dealer assured me it was to do with the belts not being tight enough, and the jockey wheel (or whatever the tightning wheel is called) already being at maximum stretch. But still, dissapointing. The machine needs a flywheel between the belt and the blade so you dont have to nurse it so much, if it did it would be perfect. Its 4" limit seems to be a maximum limit? Whereas the timberwolfs 3" limit seems to be more of a guidline. Its absurd when you think the Greenmech has 40% more power. There would surely be no point in buying the 14hp version.

Nonetheless, its a cracker when it comes to gnarly twist stuff. I kept putting absurdly entwined conifer stuff in there, and can honestly say it impressed me more than i was hoping in that regard. Such a change from the timberwolf. snedding will be largely a thing of the past, and it has a hell of a pull on it even without feed rollers.

Decisions, decisions. He's gonna send me a price and we will take it from there.

The belts that are used are i think either single or double ply V belts, mine stretched very quickly so replaced them with triple xtype ones and its been really good. also the idler wheel cant be adjusted to the maximum as it hits the inside of the casing!!! My 18hp does struggle sometimes so i can only guess what the 14hp must be like!!! Its one of those machines, if the blades are not really really sharp the performance drops a huge amount. As it was a demo machine and like Mr Destroyer does, it has prob had some abuse and not been sharpened for a while.