Husqvarna 61 starting issue

Taff3757

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It certainly sounds like a fuel issue, if the fuel filter and hose has been replaced then i would think the dirt is in the carb, to clean it properly the core plug over the main jet needs to come out and the screen cleaned, just a late thought does this machine have the Walbro carb??

It certainly sounds like a fuel issue, if the fuel filter and hose has been replaced then i would think the dirt is in the carb, to clean it properly the core plug over the main jet needs to come out and the screen cleaned, just a late thought does this machine have the Walbro carb??

I'm not sure what carb is on it will have to check when I compression test it. Mrs had me shopping with her today so not had chance yet. I stripped the carb down and it was all pretty clean. I just want to get it running before I spend too much on it as I know it's an old saw but all I can afford at the moment.

Sometimes those carb internal gauze strainer filters look clean until you get them out and look at it against the light - it has caught me out once......and once only:lol:

The little bit of crud can dry and form a scum that blocks the gauze - it stops the saw revving out properly!