Stihl Strimmer conversion to Kombi

bashplate

Rather than buy a KM94 Kombi tool Im thinking of getting the FS94 Brushcutter and using it when needed with hedge trimmer / saw attached in place of the brushcutter head. Im wondering though if I got the kombi vairiants of the hedge trimmer / saw with the drive shafts I could use these with a kombi joining bracket to get a longer reach tool. Is this practicle? Has Stihl made the main drive shafts different on the KM94/FS94 and would it be managable when connected?

Phil

Unfortunately you can't.Allthough the outside tubes will be the same diameter,a kombi motor shaft has a 1/4" square female connector,whereas the strimmer and all your kombi attachments have a 1/4" square male connector.

Thanks Ive seen that others have fitted attachements direct onto a strimmer/brushcutter. I was hoping to combine them and get a 'medium reach' set up.

One question though ... aside from the driveshaft are the kombi accessories actually any different from the non kombi ones?

I believe from memory they are identical apart , you can buy a combi tool unbolt from the kombi shaft like I've done with a hedge cutter in utter desperation to finish a job and it fitted straight on a Hl 75... I was advised by a Stihl dealer once though not to buy a combi system as it would be weak ,unfortunately I didn't listen and quite a few problems with shafts especially on hedge cutters and the blower attachment.