Poplar any good for own use on stoves

mendiplogs

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Jon,

Maybe I'll take the hanger then and leave the other two for the minibeasts :thumbup:

HI TWO that right just take care when doing hangers pull them out straight as the way they went in or you will be in lots of trouble if you do not as the tree builds up a lot of power catapult thanks jon :thumbup:

HI TWO that right just take care when doing hangers pull them out straight as the way they went in or you will be in lots of trouble if you do not as the tree builds up a lot of power catapult thanks jon :thumbup:

Thanks Jon, I will tackle it carefully. It looks to me like its too low to the ground to be a problem. I'll try to get a picture and put it on here.

Standing and lying deadwood each create different ecological niches and benefits, so I understand that the more there is the better. In sun and in shade and partly in water each create different habitats/environments.

HI GARY i like to leave a bit of wood in a pile in woods mate for this to helps HABITATS/ENVIRONMENT TO mate like you say :thumbup1:thanks jon :thumbup:

How quickly does it season plz? I cut/split one up recently and was wondering if it would be ready for this winter, stores outdoors under cover on a breezy hillside field. I've not encountered it before so have no clue on its seasoning time.

I've not burnt it yet, but have been looking into it. As I understand it it seasons quickly, much like willow or alder. I'm planning on processing mine in June and hoping it will be good to go by October. Others on here will know more than me, and may well tell me I'm wrong :001_smile:

I've not burnt it yet, but have been looking into it. As I understand it it seasons quickly, much like willow or alder. I'm planning on processing mine in June and hoping it will be good to go by October. Others on here will know more than me, and may well tell me I'm wrong :001_smile:

Hi TWO thanks mate for that Jon