tow hitch for U900?

_tc

Hi all, just nipped home for a coffe but had a call this morning offering me 3 -4 weeks solid work for me and my Mog. i normally do this and they just want me to chip but now they want me to tow their Botex timber trailer around onsite. i dont have a hitch on my mog and was wondering what the cheapest most straight forward way of getting one on there would be.

Atkinson Vos have a MB trac linkage in their clearance section which might work but im happy with a fixed hitch just to keep the cost down. i dont intend to tow on the road, she is slow enough already.

I will be back later and hope to have some ideas as to what i can do.

Thank you all.

Ed.

pa i have the 'banana box' on the rear for the pto so it would have to go below this.

Pictures would be a great help too.

Completely different back end on MB Tracs (as you can see on the pics of the one they appear to have taken this one off...) so you'd have a fair bit of fabrication to do. The Ebay PUH still needs the 3PL lift arms. Does your machine have lift arm brackets on the axle, and/or the 3 hole implement brackets outboard of the pto shaft? If so a simple fixed hitch could be fairly easily made up & attached there. Fun getting the trailer on & off though.

You need a pick up hitch really, a rockinger hitch will carry a Botex far to high that's if you can even get it in there.

I had a fixed tow hitch from Atkinson Vos but it was a royal PITA to fit. We then used a high lift jack to mate up that trailers with the hitch which worked a treat.

The fixed to hitch is about 400.00 and is really your best option IMO.

Completely different back end on MB Tracs (as you can see on the pics of the one they appear to have taken this one off...) so you'd have a fair bit of fabrication to do. The Ebay PUH still needs the 3PL lift arms. Does your machine have lift arm brackets on the axle, and/or the 3 hole implement brackets outboard of the pto shaft? If so a simple fixed hitch could be fairly easily made up & attached there. Fun getting the trailer on & off though.

You'll need a fixed hitch (which is the cheapest option) braced back to the chasiss. Do not attempt to drag a timber trailer around with just a hitch mounted on the implemet bracket as you'll break something in a big way.

ok thats good work. i am going over to the yard where thsi trailer is and will see what the whole setup looks like.

I will try and get a fixed hitch as i really dont tow much and if i do i would probably get a newer/larger mog. I have a tractor/highlift jack so for the odd occasion i can faff around with that.

oh those with u900's, do you tow much, if so do you need the splitter box? mine seems reluctant to engage and i dont want to jam anything in the box. I just use 3,4,5 and 6 and 2nd for reverse. will this do?

had a 900 and we fitted a fixed draw bar from a David Brown tractor. Takes 2 mins to fit.Had to be careful pulling 2 wheeled farm type trailers,all the weight ends up on the mog back end.Never liked more than 4 ton on trailer or mog was doing wheelies and went down the road like a snake. Now have a rockinger and muller trailer and can pull 10 ton wit U1000 no probs. If old hitch is any good to you,pm me.