Max bar size on ms441?

Millbert

Hi Joe,

My 560 flies on an 18" even at the end of the day on stumps when the chain isn't so keen. I haven't tried a 20" but I recon it would cope reasonably well.

I just think that a saw that weighs what a 441 does should handle a bigger bar and should be quicker.

It's the same kind of thing when you compare the 346xp with the ms261:

More cc, heavier saw but no real power increase. We've had our 346's for years and our 261's are quite new in comparison yet the 261's give us much more hassle and feel worn out already. The 346's are still going strong.

Ti

Hmm, I'll be happy to pit my 441 against a your 560 if you're ever in the area :biggrin:

The Husqy is a higher revving saw, but I doubt it would have the grunt to keep up with the 441 in bar length timber, where the extra displacement comes into it's own. I also run a 357 (the 560's predecessor) on a 15" bar with a higher gearing. This is the saw that got sent to Spud, and came back really angry.

Hmm, I'll be happy to pit my 441 against a your 560 if you're ever in the area :biggrin:

The Husqy is a higher revving saw, but I doubt it would have the grunt to keep up with the 441 in bar length timber, where the extra displacement comes into it's own. I also run a 357 (the 560's predecessor) on a 15" bar with a higher gearing. This is the saw that got sent to Spud, and came back really angry.

Always in the area! I wouldn't put our 441 against anything bigger than a black and decker leccy saw. :)

Your 357 sounds like a great saw...

Once the warranty runs out on my 560 it's going to get spudded.

Always in the area! I wouldn't put our 441 against anything bigger than a black and decker leccy saw. :)

Your 357 sounds like a great saw...

Once the warranty runs out on my 560 it's going to get spudded.

Sure your sharpening's up to scratch? :P