should it stay or go

bob

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if the tree has a moderate to low amenety value to 10 or so houses why has the tree been protected ?? surely the tree would/is exempt due to its mechanicle/structural weeknesses ??

i guess its hard to speculate or come to a conclusion without seeing the tree and its location !!! company outing anyone lol

Surely you would ask the 4th question first? :001_smile:

Good questions but what sort of answers would you be expecting from questions 1 and 2? Percentages? Based on opinion?

Safety first! :D Old habits die hard! Amenity is important but if its knackered, its knackered!

Yep. Its all basic VTA - but rough estimates would do me fine. the damage looks bad but is it extensive? Beyond 50% of the limb? Less than 10% Does the dead / necrotic area comprimise the structure? A little bit or a lot?

if the tree has a moderate to low amenety value to 10 or so houses why has the tree been protected ?? surely the tree would/is exempt due to its mechanicle/structural weeknesses ??

i guess its hard to speculate or come to a conclusion without seeing the tree and its location !!! company outing anyone lol

new house just to right tree nearly touches it

looks like a few went to enable houses to be built tbh

company outing hahahahahahahahahahahaah

bring your camera

I dont really get it- it isnt exactly a prize specimen of a tree, and with an extension going in there the builders will probably go halfway to killing it when the digger starts going at it and charging round the place anyway?!

Gasp - you should be banned for such common sense and flippancy!:001_tongue:

1 who knows

2 not sure

3 pruning would not work

5 prunning not an option imo

Just playing the advocate of the first of the fallen - but how can you be sure about 3 & 5 if you don't know 1 & 2. You must have a 'feel' for the defect at least... (i.e., I guess you think its fubar to the extent it should come down)! :D