Push bikes on road do they go in middle of road or not thanks

mendiplogs

Not sure where this thread is going, there are dicks who drive, walk run or cycle, we know this, but there are also people who respect others who run, cycle walk and drive, if you are on a bike, you are very vulnerable to been knocked off and killed or seriously injured. Let's all just respect other road and pavement users. The reason a big group of cyclist ride in a big group is because if they were to ride in a long line the cars would try and overtake them and then squeeze them into the side when they realise they can't get passed.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason a big group of cyclist ride in a big group is because if they were to ride in a long line the cars would try and overtake them and then squeeze them into the side when they realise they can't get passed.

Fair comment but when they flatly refuse to let anyone pass for 2-3 miles can you blame drivers for getting a little pissed if with them ? Also applies to tractors and as a tractor driver I was taught that if you have more than 6 cars behind you you should find somewhere suitable to pull over to let them past and in reality it ads very little to the journey and less stress from tw4ts trying to do dangerous overtakes !!!!

Fair comment but when they flatly refuse to let anyone pass for 2-3 miles can you blame drivers for getting a little pissed if with them ? Also applies to tractors and as a tractor driver I was taught that if you have more than 6 cars behind you you should find somewhere suitable to pull over to let them past and in reality it ads very little to the journey and less stress from tw4ts trying to do dangerous overtakes !!!!

Hi mate when there in middle road for miles and miles that's mad happy new year thanks Jon

It's rare I see near accidents when the traffic is flowing, but when there's someone going way under the speed limit and blocking the road, then I see it all the time! It's not just folk on bikes though, cars going 40mph in a 60mph are just as bad.

It's rare I see near accidents when the traffic is flowing, but when there's someone going way under the speed limit and blocking the road, then I see it all the time! It's not just folk on bikes though, cars going 40mph in a 60mph are just as bad.

Hi mate Christmas Eve there was a range Rover sport going to bath on good roads doing only 25)30mph madness all over the road thanks Jon

It really does my head in when I see grown adults riding on the pavement. I'm sure there's something in the back of my mind telling me that you're not allowed to ride on the pavement past the age of around 13. Also people riding with no hands, riding while texting, and my favourite: riding while smoking.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

It really does my head in when I see grown adults riding on the pavement. I'm sure there's something in the back of my mind telling me that you're not allowed to ride on the pavement past the age of around 13. Also people riding with no hands, riding while texting, and my favourite: riding while smoking.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Hi all how about this then today we were to radstock small town on a round about there 3 bike they had to give way to me but only 2 did Owell thanks Jon