Schliesing 550zx

Ty Korrigan

crane and hand feed ours most excellent machine, chip quality possibly a bit rough depending on what you want but through put very good, care needed with short fat cord type lengths as shark tooth upper roller tends to violently smack stick to upper hopper, you do not want to have your hand on or over stem at this time, push with next stem or push stick or with flat of hand

Hello,

Any-one experience of this machine?

I'm looking at a crane fed 11" PTO machine mounted on an agricultural trailer.

Any feedback appreciated.

Cheers

Ty

good chippers, I was looking for one before I bought my 12inch jenson

does it have controls to go in the tractor to operate the chipper?

id be concerned about manoverabilty onsite with it attached to a trailer, the beauty of a pto machine on linkarms is you can get it places youd struggle to get a trailed machine, especially with a trailer attached as well

Another point is that you can get right up to stuff to feed ImageUploadedByArbtalk1428181360.633455.jpg.64af3d92b3f0f0df68efa636e6979981.jpg

As with the picture above you'd struggle to get a trailer up to where we were working but with a chipper on the link arms your still pretty manoeuvrable and can weave through the trees as we did

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1428181328.243199.jpg.9e28fcbb96f6a68866bf01eca27b9298.jpg

schliesing do have an option to remote control the hand fed chipper, ours is wireless, with the obvious advantage of not having an operative poised by the stop and reset, they also do a dedicated crane fed version, the ZX Forst 550 ZX Forst | Schliesing ,John how are you getting on with the jenson, I see pics on here the other day and have always thought the crane fed one to be a good machine,

John how are you getting on with the jenson, I see pics on here the other day and have always thought the crane fed one to be a good machine,

its brilliant!! im very pleased with it, its amazing the work a decent cutter and machine operator can get through once you suss out the right method.

the jensen seems a very well built machine and is incredibly capable plus the back up from redwood is second to none considering I didn't even buy the machine from them