New model Jensen A530

GA Groundcare

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumbup1:

The old 750kg debate...

Now some manufactures that don't have a 750kg range will tell you that you cannot build a proper chipper to a weight limit.

So starting from the ground up... on this 750kg machine a light and very strong galvanized chassis is used manufactured by Alko. Strength isnt just found in material thickness but also in the shape and design.

For example, take a 4mm piece of flat steel, its possible flex it in your hands whereas try and bend a 2mm thick section of 90 degree angle...

Next choose the lighter but similar powered turbocharged three cylinder V1105 Kubota engine opposed to the V1505 four cylinder normally aspirated Kubota engine as found +750KG machines

The Dry weight of a V1105 is nearly 20kg less than a V1505 engine. Less coolant and less oil in the V1105 again saves a few kg.

Flywheel... at the heart a HD flywheel is very much present. No weight just simply shaved off here.

image_zpsaq5hk9t6.jpg

Simple, very effective auto tension on the double V belt. No slipping on start up, powering up/down or engine shut down.

image_zpskmvqiw6j.jpg

Hydraulic drive, some manufactures run the hydraulic pump on a Auxiliary style setup with a bracket, pulley and belt setup from the crank.. why? personally i have no idea but there is a take off on every single Kubota engine for a gear driven pump. So lets use it!

No additional weight for the sake of it and more reliable!

image_zpsahxtoxcg.jpg

So really all I'm trying to say is just because a machine is under the 750kg weight limit you can still have a heavy duty 6" machine but built with some thought and smart ideas.:thumbup:

Edited by GA Groundcare

Both my A540di and 750 contractor have had top roller beating failure around 300hrs in, a poor engineering design IMO, the bearing is too small for the load, and the roller is only supported at one end, which is obvious is not sufficient, I do get cross when there is a obvious design fault and the manufacturer does nothing to address on future machines. To boot changing the bearing is a time consuming job. That point aside they are very good machines.

Both my A540di and 750 contractor have had top roller beating failure around 300hrs in, a poor engineering design IMO, the bearing is too small for the load, and the roller is only supported at one end, which is obvious is not sufficient, I do get cross when there is a obvious design fault and the manufacturer does nothing to address on future machines. To boot changing the bearing is a time consuming job. That point aside they are very good machines.

next time u do them replace the spacer with 2, extra bearings seems to hold that shaft better ,:001_smile: