New Claus Mattheck book

sloth

Try to keep up mate!

The poster who said the body language book was released was confusing it with the encyclopaedia, Paul cleaver posted tongue in cheek about a comparison (of the same book), I was carrying on the joke. Now everyone's thoroughly confused.

And Kevin, we wasn't laughing at you, but at your apparent excitement and glee. Which is very much shared by many others. I've been waiting to for it, to include in my research project since I spoke to Cllaus last year.

I wasn't joking actually lol - I was wondering if there was much added info considering the time between this and the last issue:blushing: :001_smile:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He based his entire tensile triangle thing on the profile of his haircut. Any man who can argue in a court about trees and successfully relate it to his hair is a force to be reckoned with.

Brilliant!

I wasn't joking actually lol - I was wondering if there was much added info considering the time between this and the last issue:blushing: :001_smile:

I sold my old copy this time last year - ive just ordered the new copy lol - im more involved in the surveying side of Arboriculture again so it makes sense

I think there is some confusion here, this new book isn't a new edition of the research for amenity trees body language of trees book or the updated vta field guide, it's a completely new publication. Admittedly a lot of it is covered in those books, but this new one brings it all together and more into one 'vta bible'.

I've had a quick flick through it (to aid digestion) and am now reading it start to finish, and it's well worth the cost - like many of his books all rolled into one delicious pie with added sugar and spice. Get it, you won't regret it!

Brilliant!

I think there is some confusion here, this new book isn't a new edition of the research for amenity trees body language of trees book or the updated vta field guide, it's a completely new publication. Admittedly a lot of it is covered in those books, but this new one brings it all together and more into one 'vta bible'.

I've had a quick flick through it (to aid digestion) and am now reading it start to finish, and it's well worth the cost - like many of his books all rolled into one delicious pie with added sugar and spice. Get it, you won't regret it!

I ordered it yesterday - I am liking what I hear- thanks:thumbup1:

Got home to find my copy had been delivered today. Yahoo!

Got mine from Summerfield books who have taken over from Treesource now that Jo has other commitments.

Can't wait to get stuck in, it certainly looks as though it will be a good read

I'm still reading it through, and I've just read through the summer branch drop pages. I thought the jury was still out on causes (or if it even exists!) and yet Klaus puts his theory across in a way that just makes sense. No references though. The whole book is excellently written, short, sharp and to the point...

FIRST IMPRESSION ok some pics to give you an idea of what you are in for. Its a bigger book than the original BLOT and has 548 pages. The layout is very similar to Shigos modern arboriculture but you have colour photos too, and you have section on the commonest decay fungi with some great colour photos. That's all I can say at the mo as ive hardly read any yet.

DSCF2482.jpg.ba815e315955daa850bbb8f8f292f742.jpg

DSCF2480.jpg.b60118e9c472348d6c5ec395ad216e6f.jpg

DSCF2478.jpg.42bd75eacff3d66c7a730645e018c9d3.jpg

DSCF2477.jpg.47d042a92a0f8b12d351d9cdfe96a056.jpg

DSCF2476.jpg.e32c9372590e233e076a476c292f2b0b.jpg