Land Rover 130, tracked chipper, trailer combo??

GJT

It's a good setup with a 7t train weight, carries more than most other vans. Only thing with them is not the most reliable. Friend has just got new ford ranger single cab and put tipper on it looks good, up rated springs and more room in cab than a Landy with same train weight and cheaper.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have been running a 130 crew cab tipper with chip box and it toes a 150 VTR and soon to be 230 VTR, I have lots of tip sites so not an issue. It's a really good combo in my opinion for the work I do. Make sure you fit a Heavy Duty anti roll bar on the rear if you get one as its made a huge difference for meImageUploadedByArbtalk1427266950.803142.jpg.a1f7b09ad73b773d92e65633e32d1f72.jpg

It's a good setup with a 7t train weight, carries more than most other vans. Only thing with them is not the most reliable. Friend has just got new ford ranger single cab and put tipper on it looks good, up rated springs and more room in cab than a Landy with same train weight and cheaper.

They are like anything else reliable if you look after them. Most reliability issues come from people not looking after their kit.

They are like anything else reliable if you look after them. Most reliability issues come from people not looking after their kit.

This is true to a point but also your average working LR is often pretty old and also get used in challenging conditions. Stuff wears out.. The beauty of the LR is that it is normally repairable failure.

I have been running a 130 crew cab tipper with chip box and it toes a 150 VTR and soon to be 230 VTR, I have lots of tip sites so not an issue. It's a really good combo in my opinion for the work I do. Make sure you fit a Heavy Duty anti roll bar on the rear if you get one as its made a huge difference for me[ATTACH]179207[/ATTACH]

Cheers Hodge, was thinking of going for a single cab with tool box in the chipper body might be limited for tool storage though. Thanks for anti roll bar advice wouldn't have considered that.

Cheers Hodge, was thinking of going for a single cab with tool box in the chipper body might be limited for tool storage though. Thanks for anti roll bar advice wouldn't have considered that.

The tool box is a good idea ImageUploadedByArbtalk1427276140.305735.jpg.39a671d79234d15d3f60fd359ae0f6e2.jpg

Nice setup Hodge. Been thinking about the same. We use two defenders at the moment -small and old tdi def90 and a newer 110. Always a struggle to get everything we need on site. Toolbox is a great idea! Do you have any more pics of the tipper box layout?

Nice setup Hodge. Been thinking about the same. We use two defenders at the moment -small and old tdi def90 and a newer 110. Always a struggle to get everything we need on site. Toolbox is a great idea! Do you have any more pics of the tipper box layout?

I will take some tomorrow and put them up.:)