toyota hi lux your thoughts?

not for sale sorry

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

personally id spend 3k on the truck, best you can afford so maybe a mk4 hilux (2.4td) buy a tipper bed from a transit and either diy or pay a welder/fabricator to make it fit the hilux, sell the old buck, get some decent tyres and the rest on anything it may need

sorry guys what an idiot,

what do you rekon that i get an older truch and do a tipper conversion then? i dont to buy a newer truck and muck up doing it my self?

o yer thanksfor the advice peeps that are helpfull:001_smile:

Hey mate- tipper conversions are not that difficult to do. Take the rear tub off and there should be a load of support points. Then get the tub you are going to use, fix it to a tipper frame and bolt that frame onto the hi-lux where the original tub sat. Get an electric tipping set-up from a scrap transit or cabstar etc, wire it in, choose some lights, wire them in, and hey presto! Simples.:001_smile:

im currently using a mazda B2500 pickup , its basicly a ford ranger . its an S reg not turbo 4x4 , i have been using it for the last 3-4 years and has been worked hard doing alot of utility and similar work . i fittted it with BFG mud terrain tyers all round and so far have only got propperly stuck a handfull of times , im looking to fit my 6 ton winch to it before the winter starts as i felt that it would be a great help when towing the chipper off road etc . IMO the jap 4x4's are really really usfull in tree surgery, as and when the back of my truck starts to look rough i WILL be fitting a tiper to it but untill then i will be using it for carrying the kit and night time call outs as its fitted with flood and spot lights , beacons etc . the only draw back with my truck in some ways is that its an extra cab so the tipper would be smaller but on the good side you have room for wet weather gear and lunch box

anyway good luck with your boild mate hope all goes well