FAO Eddy_T

wisecobandit

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah cool. 1 of the studs came out with the nut anyway taking the pot off. If I have any difficulty removing the studs I will just put a nut on and dab it with the mig and unscrew it.

Like you say eddy the cup looked worn but still has the for want of a better word the serrations altho worn. I did look at the pawls and they don't look in to bad a shape tho it wont hurt to give them a quick gentle tickle with a file which may help.

Received the contra info Eddy thanks. Got it all cleaned up, pots off, has the 3 piece rebuildable big end, got the flywheel off and points where all in good nick etc.

Got a gasket set. crank seals and new fuel line on order.

I will probably bolt it back together and check for spark etc and restrip it to replace gaskets and seals but for now its a case of making sure that all screws etc can be undone and not seized up or heads mullered etc.

Oilpumps a bit of a nightmare then?

Just as a note, when replacing the fuel lines, replace the impulse pipe for the oil pump, oil pump itself is a pita - see parts lists!

Also be warned, coil produces a 44kV spark, it f**king hurts! It can kill those ZAT spark testers too :lol:

All bolts are m4 or m5 and can be swapped with Stihl torx ones if any are mullered.

Is yours the super casing? Or an earlier casing?

Just as a note, when replacing the fuel lines, replace the impulse pipe for the oil pump, oil pump itself is a pita - see parts lists!

Also be warned, coil produces a 44kV spark, it f**king hurts! It can kill those ZAT spark testers too :lol:

All bolts are m4 or m5 and can be swapped with Stihl torx ones if any are mullered.

Is yours the super casing? Or an earlier casing?

Going by what you said, the threaded hole in the casing by the muffler and lack of green tag im assuming its a super? Is there as easy way to tell now the pots off?

Noted I shall swap the oil impulse line, ive not taken much notice of that side of things as yet.

As yet all the screws have been good even tho they haven't been touched for a long time, would try and find slotted screws if I needed to to keep the right appearance.

I've just noticed that the IPL is the contra S IPL, so find 1106 020 2540 on the casing inside the flywheel area and you're onto a winner, another way to tell is if the casing has a step where the cylinder mounts

Dampening my hopes here....

No number in there apart from 1106 on its own behing the vane mount and a very minor step maybe 1mm not like on the 070/090 which is much more obvious :thumbdown:

It's not a big step! Photo? Problem with the 1106 series, there have been 3 or 4 crankcases, 6 starter houses, 8 carburettors, 4 oil tanks, 3 crankshafts, 5 mufflers, 4 cylinders, 10 pistons, 4 or 5 air filters, 3 stop switches, 6 fuel caps, 6 clutches, 3 clutch covers, 4 handle types, 6 sets of dogs, 10 top covers, 2 carb intakes, 5 ignition systems, 4 HT lead designs. And Stihl liked to slam them together in a random order, my guess is you have a later (super) casing, along with clutch cover and starter, carburettor, yet it has an early front handle, late 60's rear handle, very early muffler and bar, but the bar isn't the really early Canadian version.

Just to confuse you :lol: it looks identical (other than the muffler) to mine, apart from my really early (early 60's) starter.

Dammit ive just bolted the top back on it to check for a spark before I read your above post for a pic!

You sure the rear handle is late 60's? The black is only tape on the handle where someones taped it (which has been removed now btw!) and not a fitted rubber/plastic handle/sleeve like later models. Its the slim and slender type. Not sure on the front handle side of things tho it has 2 bolts on the top vertical. Its obviously non av etc.

Anyway it has a nice strong spark! On to the carb next tho im fairly sure I will be needing to source a carb kit. Any ideas on which kit fits?

Dammit ive just bolted the top back on it to check for a spark before I read your above post for a pic!

You sure the rear handle is late 60's? The black is only tape on the handle where someones taped it (which has been removed now btw!) and not a fitted rubber/plastic handle/sleeve like later models. Its the slim and slender type. Not sure on the front handle side of things tho it has 2 bolts on the top vertical. Its obviously non av etc.

Anyway it has a nice strong spark! On to the carb next tho im fairly sure I will be needing to source a carb kit. Any ideas on which kit fits?

The black rubberised/plasticised handle was introduced in 1972.

The carb kit is DG5HL from rowena (I have a carb kit here for reference).

Bar made August 1965, early muffler, late starter (early 70's) and crankcase, carb details supplied fit with late 60's model. Side casing is mid-point version (late 60's). Lack of green tag means casing is post 1967 (super casing), whilst no s/n means it wasn't a final model. There should also be a date stamp on muffler

Sorry to but in

I've had this bar here for ages not sure what model it was for but now I know The numbers are 9.66 1103 / 63 :thumbup::thumbup:

image.jpg.c30a4e78518ac2886257eda77505e7cb.jpg